Hot water - The Circle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 December 2014 9.08pm
Hi everyone!

As you can see I am still getting used to my new and lovely flat but there is something that it is slightly bothering me. We have this tank for the hot water and I find a bit annoying having to turn on the water boost in order to get hot water, meaning that I need to wait a while until I can get into the shower. Does everyone has the same tank? Any solutions or tricks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! !

Thanks and have a wonderful NYE!
Wednesday 31 December 2014 12.22am
Hi RMiranda, there are two immersions on the tank - one which runs off overnight economy 7 and the other on the peak day rate which the boost switch controls. The economy 7 immersion is designed to use the cheaper rate electric at night to heat the whole tank - follow the cables to the wall switch and leave this one on full time, you should only need to use the boost then to top up if you need to. If you've done that and still have no hot water in the morning then either the immersion or the thermostat have failed so you'll need someone to look at that. There used to be a good handyman at the Circle called Sean who might be able to help or ask the porters. If they can't help PM me and I'll send you some contractor numbers, Hope this helps.

Happy New Year : )
Wednesday 31 December 2014 11.30am
Everything LelB said. I've got Sean's number if you need it.
Worth mentioning that we put a bigger immersion tank in when we moved into our flat, but would probably go bigger still if we ever replace it again.
Saturday 3 January 2015 1.40pm
Thanks!! We definitely have it in Economy 7 so will ask the porters :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: