Loud music at midnight.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 December 2014 10.00am
Can anyone tell me what that was all about at midnight, it sound like a sound check for New Years Eve? Really loud, at first I thought it was a Rave.
Wednesday 31 December 2014 11.37am
Yes, from Long Lane it sounded like a club night was happening on the road. Very loud indeed.
Wednesday 31 December 2014 11.42am
Same on Queen Elizabeth Street. It was like the neighbours had just got the party started.
Saturday 3 January 2015 2.07am
I think it WAS a sound check for New Years Eve.

At the stroke of midnight on the 30th from my house there were loud Big Ben Bongs then about 4 to 5 minutes of horrid bad music very loud which thankfully stopped quite quickly.

I saw the New Years Eve fireworks from a hill top miles away in London because you can't get anywhere near the river now, even if you live here, and we couldn't hear the music from there. The fireworks looked lovely though.

I decided to have a closer look yesterday and fired the recording up on BBC iPlayer but the music was so horrible I had to turn it off after a few minutes.
Guess I'm old. But there's lots of old good music. That was just awful!
Saturday 3 January 2015 10.13am
yep they played music at full volume for about 10 mins not sure why they had to do test at midnight. be nice if they could allocate free tickets to local people affected by noise and lock down since is pay per view now.
Zoe
Saturday 3 January 2015 10.30am
I thought they should give free tickets too. There are only about 5000 people locally and I suspect most wouldn't actually want to go (if my attempts to get rid of my two spare tickets is a sign of local interest, then basically no one wants to go). It would make us less moaney about the whole thing if we got a special invite!
Saturday 3 January 2015 12.04pm
No, I would still moan. It is just plain wrong to charge people to see the fireworks, what they have to do, is re-think the whole thing. I'm sure they could choose two points on the river with wider/longer views and put on two displays. This doesn't necessarily mean twice the cost because they could reduce the amount spent on the fireworks and light display on the lower levels; most people don't get to see these anyway.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: