Three card monte on Tower Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 December 2014 8.10pm
Have noticed three card monte scams going on almost every time I have had to cross Tower Bridge over the holidays - sad to see tourists getting fleeced, does anyone know if anything is being done about this? Seems relatively new that it's that prevalent heading on to the bridge...
Wednesday 31 December 2014 11.43pm
It happens all across Europe and those that are doing it over here are mostly from Eastern Europe. Fools and their money are easily parted.
Thursday 1 January 2015 12.54am
The police have been very active on Westminster Bridge to move these people, but they just come back.
Thursday 1 January 2015 11.19am
Kaipea wrote:
Have noticed three card monte scams going on almost every time I have had to cross Tower Bridge over the holidays - sad to see tourists getting fleeced, does anyone know if anything is being done about this? Seems relatively new that it's that prevalent heading on to the bridge...

So that's where they went. I hadn't noticed them on the South Bank or Bankside recently.
Monday 5 January 2015 8.08am
They are far from gone from Westminster Bridge. I counted six separate 'games' on Westminster Bridge at one time last week, there were so many of them they were blocking the path.

I also saw these criminals on Tower Bridge last week. I have pointed them out to Coppers in the past, the problem is there never seems to be a Copper about (which is odd when you think about how many people use these areas).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: