'Flypast' of expensive cars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 10 January 2015 9.48pm
Did anybody see/hear the group of cars speeding around tonight. All rather expensive looking models.
Saturday 10 January 2015 10.24pm
I saw them as I left Sainsbury's in The Cut. They really frightened the life out of me and those around me.I couldn't make out exactly how many there were, must have been 7 or 8,all making the most appalling noise, with bangs sounding like rifle shots. I've no clue as to what makes of car they were, but all looked extremely expensive, and a couple had equipment on their roofs that could, in our present climate of fear, have been mistaken for shotguns. They then turned into Blackfriars Rd towards the Elephant. I didn't hear any Police sirens, did you Karen?
Saturday 10 January 2015 10.31pm
It's a known thing in summer in Knightsbridge but not usually around here.

Unless the bermondsey Square Hotel change of hands has had a major knock on effect?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28678469
Saturday 10 January 2015 10.42pm
Word has obviously spread about the council's gentrification of SE1. I didn't see any police cars Sandy Pandy, but I doubt they were speeding; it just sounded as if they were.
Saturday 10 January 2015 10.43pm
At least that sort of explains it, thanks
for the link,Davies. I can only hope that this was the first and last time, but Blackfriars Rd, then maybe down the New & Old Kent Roads would be a big long tempting race track. Please, no !
Zoe
Saturday 10 January 2015 11.04pm
I thought it was a loud car designed to cove up a shooting. I clearly think life around here is much more exciting than what actually happens.
Sunday 11 January 2015 12.35pm
I've noticed the increasing appearances of so-called 'supercars' along BHStreet in recent months, but so far only one at a time. Presumably the drivers get a kick out of people gawping at their cars. It must be frustrating when they can only crawl along, unless they are only looking for admiring or envious(?)glances, so late night parades allow them to do short higher speed runs and show off to each other. I guess Blackfriars Road is a very inviting racetrack.
Sunday 11 January 2015 1.48pm
janefs wrote:
I've noticed the increasing appearances of so-called 'supercars' along BHStreet in recent months, but so far only one at a time. Presumably the drivers get a kick out of people gawping at their cars. It must be frustrating when they can only crawl along, unless they are only looking for admiring or envious(?)glances, so late night parades allow them to do short higher speed runs and show off to each other. I guess Blackfriars Road is a very inviting racetrack.

I guess for fans of supercars it's a free alternative to going to expensive motorshows... :)
Zoe
Sunday 11 January 2015 5.17pm
I too have noticed the increase, presumably related to the increase in expensive flats. I was behind one today in traffic, he was a really nervous driver and wouldn't pull out at the junction. I'm not sure it's worth having an expensive car if it just makes you worried about damage.
Sunday 11 January 2015 7.31pm
Yes, there's something comforting about knowing a car like that is probably going to let me pull out in front of him on the grounds that my whole car is worth less than his wing mirror and it it just isn't worth it if either of us misjudge the distances.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: