Vacuum cleaner repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 11 January 2015 5.15pm
Can anyone recommend someone who can mend a vacuum cleaner please? Three-ish year old Miele not picking up.
Sunday 11 January 2015 11.00pm
Joanna E Clark wrote:
Can anyone recommend someone who can mend a vacuum cleaner please? Three-ish year old Miele not picking up.

This caused consternation (and some amusement), since 'Joanna E Clark' (complete with middle initial) happens to be the name of one of my neighbours, who confirms that her vacuum cleaner has NOT broken down, and that she didn't post this message.

May be a coincidence, and someone out there in SE1-land actually has the same name, or has just chosen an unfortunate pseudonym for her first post to the Forum.

But if in response to this message there is a sudden flurry of new subscribers recommending a particular vacuum cleaner repairer ('no connection with the firm, just a satisfied customer') - well, perhaps I just have a suspicious nature.

But if 'Joanna E Clark' is a deliberately-chosen SE1 Forum pseudonym - please don't choose names off the voters' register, it's very annoying.
Monday 12 January 2015 4.29pm
If it's a Miele (best vacuum brand ever!) it should only be looked after by Miele staff.
If found this on the internet:
http://www.miele.co.uk/support/serviceandrepair/#tab-valet
Good luck!
Monday 12 January 2015 10.01pm
Thanks for this. I appreciate the help.
Monday 12 January 2015 10.03pm
No pseudonym. The name I was given at birth a very long time ago.
Tuesday 13 January 2015 9.33am
John C.
Isn't an a apology to Joanna E Clark called for?
Tuesday 13 January 2015 9.41am
Joanna, disconnect the hose from the body of the cleaner and see if the machine has lost suction, if it hasn't then you have a blockage in the hose which you will be able to clear yourself. If it is the machine then a professional repair is called for, with luck it will be the cheaper option of D.I.Y.
Tuesday 13 January 2015 11.32am
Joanna E Clark wrote:
No pseudonym. The name I was given at birth a very long time ago.

Apologies to Joanna for casting unwarranted aspersions - it's a very fine name, and I'm glad that at least two people in SE1 share it.

Joanna, as you will soon discover if you stay with this forum (and I hope you will) we are occasionally plagued by spam messages and 'auto-inspired' recommendations of local retailers and services, when it turns out the 'no connection' recommendation actually comes from the service provider using a pseudonym. And you'll also find that most of us DO use pseudonyms (I don't know how the custom developed, but if they aren't pseudonyms there are some very strange names around in SE1!).

(Thanks, Thebunhouse, but I didn't need the reminder - busy morning and I've only just got round to catching up with SE1 messages!)
Wednesday 14 January 2015 8.02am
Hello, Namesake

I am the Other Joanna E Clark - registered as you see without the middle initial.

It's a very fine name!
Wednesday 14 January 2015 9.50am
Joanna E Clark,
One of the things I always forget when something goes wrong with machinery that I have is the maxim "When all else has failed read the instructions". This may lead you to discover that the tube is blocked or filters need changing, but please read the instructions becauseyou will probably find the answer under fault-finding.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: