Jad Grill (and Machine)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 11 January 2015 9.55pm
Having walked past Had Grill on TBR dozens of times before we stopped for an impromptu family lunch on Saturday. It was a really nice surprise, a small, rustic restaurant with a very welcoming owner (?) and delicious food. Like us, our three young children all like Lebanese food so we ordered a variety of dishes. All very tasty (the favour of the meats certainly benefits from the charcoal grill). Ok, so no way as posh as the white table clothed Lebanese restaurants in Shepard Market but then no way as expensive either. Really lovely surprise.

Looking out the window I noticed the bike shop has changed into a bike + coffee shop called Machine. Any tried Machine for either bike stuff or coffee?
Sunday 11 January 2015 10.22pm
*in my message it should read Jad Grill
Sunday 11 January 2015 10.23pm
I've tried Machine for coffee. They're serving Monmouth Coffee in a quirky surroundings (furniture made from used pallets and bicycle components). Still under the same management - friendly guy and his wife[?] running it - and still very much a bike shop too. Well worth a visit. No connection, etc.
Monday 12 January 2015 8.35am
I dropped my bike in to Machine on Saturday for a service, so will update with how that went later in the week.

I suppose they've seen a gap in the market for a coffee shop in the area ;)
Monday 16 March 2015 9.47pm
Finally got around to popping in to Machine for a coffee with my young son. Really nice flat white, and a lovely cup cake which my son devoured. Interior is unique and interesting with Brooks saddles used on the bar stools and wheel rims for the frames of the coffee tables. All in all, a great little place. I hope that they do well.
Tuesday 17 March 2015 3.57pm
Since taking my bike in for a service I've been using it regularly for the last couple of months - no complaints. I've not ridden any sort of distance on it, and it wasn't in a bad way, but they seem to do a decent job of looking after bikes as well as reportedly making nice coffee.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: