March for Homes 31.01.15

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 13 January 2015 9.47pm
The 'March for Homes' is planned 31.01.15 assembling midday at St. Mary's Churchyard - culminating at City Hall.

www.marchforhomes.org

It is being organised by several pressure groups across London: local ones include People's Republic of Southwark, 35% Campaign (Elephant Amenity Network).

A few off-message London Labour MPs are turning up such as Diane Abbott & John McDonnell.

I'm a little surprised that this march has not been featured in the news or any of the SE1 forum posts. I only found out about it when a leaflet was thrust into my hand.
Sunday 18 January 2015 5.10pm
Another article to galvanise us to get out there and make a noise about homes for people, and not for greed and profit.
Speaking to our local MP over the weekend about the March for Homes and he is coming too.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/18/buying-home-britain-impossible-dream-london-uk-housing-crisis
Sunday 18 January 2015 5.22pm
I have seen some responsible postering on a couple of estates advertising the event, I wouldn't mind a handful of those posters to stick up, though perhaps not so responsibly.
Friday 30 January 2015 9.49am
Some locals, including Southwark Residents Say No, are meeting tomorrow at St George's Circus at 11.45 if you fancy joining the group.
Friday 30 January 2015 4.40pm
We had a leaflet through the door in the week, I've a feeling this will be a decent turnout.
Friday 30 January 2015 6.49pm
I hope so.
Saturday 31 January 2015 4.30pm
Wet, and cold, but definitely well worth the effort this afternoon. The March for Homes was well attended and good humoured too.I am wary of large numbers of people and emotive issues, which the basic need for shelter is, but I need not have worried.
Boris will no doubt smirk and make jokes about the peasants with their pitchforks. Predictable stuff which we are tired of. I would like our elected represantatives to take the housing crisis seriously.
Sunday 1 February 2015 2.36pm
I took this picture of a great looking protester:

Let us hope the message calling for the abolition of the Bedroom Tax is heeded.
Monday 2 February 2015 9.40am
I am all for more council housing - I live in a council house myself - and for people to be helped, whatever their circumstances. However, I don't like the term "bedroom tax" - nobody is being taxed here, it is a reduction in benefit paid. That's not to say I agree with the reduction.
Monday 2 February 2015 11.31am
part of aylesbury has been reclaimed/occupied - https://fightfortheaylesbury.wordpress.com/
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: