Suggestions for a hall to rent - Girl Guides

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 28 January 2015 1.08pm
This is a touch outside SE1 - but people on here seem to have a lot of great connections so I hope someone can help.

I run the local Girl Guides unit in Kennington.

Unfortunately, we will soon no longer able to use the church hall we have been meeting in (St Pauls, Lorrimore Square). We are hunting for a new home and wondered if anyone can suggest somewhere close by - or have any contacts I can exploit! I've contacted all the local churches - but the response has been non-existent I'm sad to say.

Does anybody know of anywhere, preferably in Kennington/Walworth (but I am open to suggestions), that would be suitable and will take us? We are looking for somewhere that could easily accommodate around 30 people with toilet and, ideally, kitchen facilities (the girs love cooking).

Our current meeting details are on Tuesday evenings during school term time between 6:30 and 8:30 (although there are usually adult volunteers before and after that time preparing and clearing away). Obviously we don't have a lot of money for rents on commercial premises.

Thanks everyone.
Wednesday 28 January 2015 3.10pm
I hired this place last summer for a Saturday:

http://www.chaplinclose.org.uk/hall.php

They are not very good about answering phone messages or emails, but I am glad I persisted. It is cheap and pleasant, and an interesting little corner of SE1.
Wednesday 28 January 2015 3.49pm
What about the Harris Academy (old Alwyn girls' school)? It's a very worthwhile cause and I hope you find somewhere.
Zoe
Wednesday 28 January 2015 7.34pm
Might be out of your area but Christchurch on Blackfriars Road would be a good venue and has lovely gardens around it.

In Walworth itself perhaps try Inspire on Walworth Road.
Thursday 29 January 2015 8.09am
Try Oasis Church on the junction of Kennington Road and Westminster Bridge Road,
their email is

ChurchOffice@oasiswaterloo.org
Thursday 29 January 2015 9.15am
The Draper Estate Community Hall on Newington Butts, opposite St Mary's Churchyard might be suitable, please call/text me on 079 464 38 380.
TTT
Thursday 29 January 2015 12.55pm
There is a (disused?!) church on Copperfield Street corner Pepper Street.
I sometimes see the lights on in there, somebody must know what's up with it.
Would be wonderful to see some life being brought back into it!
Thursday 29 January 2015 12.58pm
Thanks everyone - all of these are new to me. It's amazing just how much there is locally.
Thursday 29 January 2015 1.12pm
There's also a community hall on the west edge of Pasley Park, about 300m east from Kennington Tube so could be in the right area.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: