What bugs you in Bankside?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Eleanor Wallis
Monday 6 May 2002 5.12pm
Readers of the ‘In SE1' April newsletter will be familiar with a new organisation called Better Bankside. They aim to improve Bankside through public and private funding and are calling on London SE1 forum members to help them. All you have to do is tell them what REALLY annoys you in the public area.

Better Bankside can't promise to right all the wrongs but are going to give their best shot at tackling ‘grot spots' such as abandoned rubbish, graffiti, missing street bulbs etc. So, if you walk past something grotty everyday thinking “I wish someone would fix that”, then tell Better Bankside by responding to this message, and maybe they can.

The ‘grot spots' have to occur in the area bordered by the river, Blackfriars Road, Borough High Street and Union Street and the aims have to be achievable - they can't knock down buildings for example. For more information click here
Thursday 9 May 2002 5.36pm
THE PRICES
Friday 10 May 2002 11.19am
bird droppings under the railway bridges on great suffolk street, between borough market and southwark bridge road. as i have to walk under them a lot, you could try and get some nets put up
Max
Friday 10 May 2002 2.40pm
People who get lost in Bankside, isn\'t Great Suffolk Steet quite a distance from the Borough Market
Friday 10 May 2002 4.27pm
perhaps he was blinded by all the bird droppings
Saturday 11 May 2002 12.04pm
sorry i meant southwark street
Sunday 12 May 2002 7.01pm
The bricklayers arms flyover is my biggest bugbear. It's unsightly and the pedestrian subways inconvenient and unpleasant. I, and many others jaywalk at the roundabout rather than use them. Why can't they demolish it and have the flyover traffic go underground? And traffic lights at the top of the old kent rd. And maybe the roundabout could be refashioned into some sort of appealling public space.
Sunday 12 May 2002 7.14pm
I'm afraid Bricklayers Arms is well outside the Better Bankside area.
Monday 13 May 2002 9.29am
the filthy railway bridge over blackfriars rd, cars parked underneath it on the pavement.

Graffiti in car park on Rochester estate.

Rubbish collection-blue bags of street rubbish are left on the pavements round the estate for days because there seems to be no coordination between sweeping and rubbish collection.

More trees/greening please.

Abandoned blue volvo on pavement outside the Prince William pub on blackfriars road for a few weeks now.
Monday 13 May 2002 10.59am
Bottle Bins under the bridge on Southwark Bridge Road need emptying more often or more bins placed there.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: