Vinopolis Closing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 2 February 2015 11.20am
I see they are closing at the end of 2015, to allow for a retail opportunity. Any thoughts/ideas as to what new exciting original retailer this maybe?

Would there be any restrictions on this site, or could it be:-
A chain supermarket
A chain Coffee Shop
Pret (there isnt on within 50 yards so I'd say thats quite likely)
A chain restaurant?
Any other suggestions..?!
Monday 2 February 2015 7.54pm
to be honest for ages it's only the event space that's seemed to be doing well.I hope Laithwaites stays..I'd love to see again the terrible documentary that was made about Vinoplis in 1999/2000 that followed Tony Hodges around.
Monday 2 February 2015 8.31pm
I went there a few times with work colleagues: it is a lovely space and is perfectly located.

If I was an entrepreneur, I would open a restaurant there that only serves food cooked (properly) with meat and produce that are sold in Borough Market.

I'm confident that such an association would prove profitable.

As for the wine list, this should seek to adhere to Vinopolis' offerings.

I would hate to see that site become yet another chain restaurant, coffee bar or a Pret type business.
Monday 2 February 2015 9.38pm
The only sensible option is of course a Waitrose ;)
Tuesday 3 February 2015 12.40am
A LIDL would be ideal!
Tuesday 3 February 2015 1.13am
Oh Nelson! Fancy bringing up the W word.
Tuesday 3 February 2015 2.27pm
Had to be done ;)
Monday 16 February 2015 6.05pm
While I like Waitrose and would support the scheme I think a supermarket would create parking issues for local residents which have already been reduced by Boris bike stands that are little used
Monday 16 February 2015 6.07pm
If we have to have a supermarket then how about a Whole foods market like the one in Piccadilly or Kensington
Monday 16 February 2015 6.09pm
Hopefully we could have a new Starbucks . The old one in Clink Street was reportedly closed down by onerous rents and unfriendly residents in the same building (Winchester Wharf)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: