A hidden pottery gem

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 February 2015 12.58pm
Just stumbled upon a small place called "re-creation.london" on Redcross Way (no. 82, just where the road hits Marshalsea st). Mother and daughter running it, amazing pottery-making aimed at kids (especially) but adults too. The idea is for people to make things themselves rather than just buying !

So nice to see something so original and that is taking a big commercial risk to get established. They've only been going since December and don't seem to have had much publicity so far. Looking forward to taking my little boy there as an alternative to the dreaded iPad.

Obviously I have no connection to the place other than ending up having a long and very interesting chat with the ladies last night. Seems they had more than their fair share of difficulties in getting this venture off the ground. It's so rare to see things like this these days but wish them lots of luck.

They seem to be pitching it somewhere between purely commercial but also educational and a boon to the local community / schools. Their landlord is the Peabody Estate, so I think part of this "local-educational" resource is written into their lease. There is also a lovely library and relaxing space downstairs.
Monday 9 February 2015 4.17pm
That's great, could they not get some leaflets done and hand them out to Charles Dickens parents or ask school to put a notice up?
Friday 13 February 2015 10.23pm
I took my son for a second session today, love it ! Such a unique, creative and peaceful environment. And Aziza, mum of the owner Sara, is excellent company. From a selfish point of view I would like it to remain a hidden gem so that we can continue to have the run of the place !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: