Freecycle alternatives?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 12 February 2015 8.21pm
As part of ongoing decluttering I've been posting to Freecycle Lambeth and Southwark Freegle groups for some time. I'm getting increasingly frustrated after a recent run of bad luck with people arranging collection and not turning up. Or emailing me ten times with different questions and then pulling out... I have a mix of stuff which aren't quite right for the charity shops but still have use - has anyone got any other suggestions? Items incl: chrome rail & fittings, bathroom wall cupboard, ceiling spotlights, etc...
Zoe
Thursday 12 February 2015 9.21pm
Try Freegle and gumtree which has a free section. I would also email a charity shop, as they might take some of it.

I too find it annoying when people don't come, I tend to deliver to people, so they can't avoid it!
Friday 13 February 2015 8.51am
You can try the British Heart Foundation shop on OKR. Give them a call and they will collect if they want it.
Friday 13 February 2015 9.47am
Facebook has some pages for buying/selling/giving away in SE1/16
Friday 13 February 2015 3.29pm
vickt wrote:
You can try the British Heart Foundation shop on OKR. Give them a call and they will collect if they want it.

They will take furniture and (working) electrical goods. Good option if you are not bothered about selling, and want the stuff collected. They actually turn up!
Monday 16 February 2015 4.51pm
I've found that putting boxes of stuff out on the street on a fine day with a note saying 'help yourself' works a treat - most of it goes and you can collect any leftovers at the end of the day
Monday 16 February 2015 6.01pm
Montecore wrote:
I've found that putting boxes of stuff out on the street on a fine day with a note saying 'help yourself' works a treat - most of it goes and you can collect any leftovers at the end of the day

That technique can make stuff disappear remarkably quickly, as I found with a dressing table someone dumped in the hall of our block. I dragged it outside with a note 'free to good or bad home' and it was gone within half an hour. I also do that with useful (to someone) stuff that residents dump in our bin room - it all goes toot sweet. Just be careful you don't get accused of fly tipping.
Monday 16 February 2015 9.46pm
vickt wrote:

They are very good and you can arrange a pickup too which is jolly nice of them tho I try to take stuff down there myself to save them the bother.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: