Going Skiing: Local Tip

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 19 February 2015 6.06pm
Dear all,
Just giving you some useful information about hiring ski clothing...heading to the slopes for half term and didn't want to spend a fortune. Looked high and low for reasonable cost clothing; shocked by the 3 figure sums in the outdoor shops in Covent Garden, then decided to search for hire shops to rent jacket/trews and helmet...It was my osteopath that told me about Finches in Forest Hill SE23. Right opposite Forest Hill overground station. Hired the items for 40 for the week; kids stuff costs 30. Amazing value... south London...independent family business...AND EASY TO GET TO FROM SE1/SE11
Thursday 19 February 2015 6.29pm
Can I add that I have absolutely NO connection to FINCHES shop, other than being a happy customer

PS they also sell bike gear; climbing gear and snowboarding stuff
Friday 20 February 2015 2.29pm
It does look like a good shop. I live near there now, so have often thought about going in. for the one time that I went skiing, and needed to buy specific clothes I went to TK Maxx in Lewisham, I'd planned well in advance, all their ski stuff was on racks in the sale can't remember what month it was, but it was only just not peak ski season.
Monday 23 February 2015 2.04pm
I would echo that TK Maxx stock a good range of inexpensive ski-wear. It's often possible to kit people out, particularly children, for little more than the hire fee quoted above.

Decathlon (there's one in Surrey Quays) also have an inexpensive and good own-brand.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: