Riverbus Services

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 May 2002 8.33am
Ever since I've lived here (about 18 months) I've always undserstood there were no current riverbus services. All my enquiries had led me to believe they'd failed.

But last week I found the Thames Clipper and used it to get home in a hurry from the Aldwych -great alternative to a Taxi, 1.80 to London Bridge City - only to hear today that it's had to cut its service in half.

Is it just me being blind, or have the riverbus companies failed to advertise their services? If so, it's no wonder they're not getting custom. If Ken and Kylie have an obvious opportunity to improve transport in London, surely it's through better use of the river.

Andrew
Tuesday 7 May 2002 10.27am
I have always wished for a decent riverbus service!

When i lived in putney i would far rather have come to work on a boat thatn in a cattle truck!

no you are not blind, there is little / no advertising around about the service availible and the costs, when people do talk about services they say they are too expensive.

I knew that there was a service like the one you describe but i was under hte impression that it was about 5 to ride so was never interested but for 1.80 i am there like a bear!

Come on Ken! spend some of that taxi bill on advertising and promoting the riverbusses! get your staff to use them rather than taxis as we know asking them to use the tube is one step too far!

If i had the money i would look into introducing a service i know that there is a market there but nobody knows about it!
Tuesday 7 May 2002 10.33am
There's a rather nifty fare table for the service on the site at www.thamesclippers.com

I agree there's a lack of publicity - that's why I've been keen to plug it on the website as it deserves to succeed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network