Squatters in old antiques warehouse?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 February 2015 1.44pm
I walked past on my way to Maltby street and heard music and lots of noise from the old antiques warehouse on tanner street. Have squatters moved in? What is the plan for the building?
Friday 27 February 2015 5.17pm
Some of those old warehouses are used by TV, film and music production companies. They were doing some filming in there a few weeks ago for "NOW YOU SEE ME, THE SECOND ACT" with Michael Caine.
Friday 27 February 2015 5.34pm
The one that's rented out as an events space and sometimes used for filming is 47/49 Tanner Street: "Ugly Duck".

I noticed the same racket that fusionsnow commented on coming from the former Tower Bridge Antiques premises a few days ago. Definitely not related to any "legit" activity.
Monday 2 March 2015 11.27am
There's always the possibility that the squatters who appear to have been evicted ( notices are posted on the perimeter) from the derelict building in the Cut had sized up their next home and have moved in. A minor inconvenience for them,but who's complaining if it's free living?
Sunday 8 March 2015 5.21pm
Yes - I meant the Tower Bridge Antiques warehouse not 47/49. Anyone know what the plan is for that building?
Monday 16 March 2015 9.14am
What has happened to the Tower Bridge Antiques business? Has it closed permanently or just relocated? Some real gems in there when I last went for a poke around
Monday 16 March 2015 9.18am
They moved to Rollins Street SE15

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 6.47pm
Proposal for 8-storey tower on the Tower Bridge Antiques site goes to planning committee next week
http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=5190

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 21 September 2015 6.21pm
I trekked all the way down to Rollins street at the weekend and could not find the antiques shop in their new location. Have they closed down for good then? A pity there is not a single antiques shop left in the area.
Monday 21 September 2015 11.43pm
Just had a letter in the post today saying the antiques warehouse is due to be demolished this weekend.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: