New Homes at E&C - Vince Cable

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 March 2015 2.18am
This govt. is claiming that our economy is growing well, but Mr. Cable has visited a new development at the Elephant and Castle where the bathrooms were made in Dubai! Why on earth could he not have encouraged the manufacturers of these bathrooms to be British Made, what is so special about them that they had to be made 3,400 miles away rather than locally and give our industries a better chance, aren't ours good enough for him? We're supposed to be backing Britain! Very patriotic, I must say!

Stephanie Lodge
Southwark resident
Tuesday 3 March 2015 7.43pm
It's what we do, 50k went for 20k nurse training places, we'll go and get some ready made from abroad somewhere though, and then they will say, without immigration the NHS would be finished.
Wednesday 4 March 2015 4.48pm
The government cant mandate that developers use only "British made", its against the WTO rules and frankly, its part and parcel of living in a free market.
Thursday 5 March 2015 10.31am
Since when is "made in Dubai" a cheap option? Taiwan, I grant you, but Dubai?
Thursday 5 March 2015 2.42pm
Eiger wrote:
The government cant mandate that developers use only "British made", its against the WTO rules and frankly, its part and parcel of living in a free market.

yeah well... lets see if you take that line when they move in to replace *your* livelihood with cheap foreign imports or labour. I guess you can afford to live on a 3rd world income and compete with them on a race to the bottom?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: