Gramex

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 March 2015 12.56pm
Does anyone know what is happening to Gramex now their premises, that they only just moved into, is up for rent?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-50872574.html
Saturday 21 March 2015 8.59am
I bumped into Roger (now that's an old fashioned expression just like me) the owner of Gramex yesterday and asked him what is going to happen to the shop. The answer was reassuring, Gramex are staying where they are but will move into the basement and the book shop that was on the corner of Baylis Road and Waterloo Road will take the ground floor space.

Roger assured me that they will continue to buy and sell used CDs both classical and jazz but not pop/middle of the road because they have so little knowledge of the latter.
Saturday 21 March 2015 9.07am
I should have made it clear that I am talking of Gramex at their current premises on Lower Marsh between Boots and Greggs opposite Trussons.
Monday 23 March 2015 3.11pm
Thanks bunhouse. That's great news. A shame they won't have any daylight, but that's a good combination for the healthy mind and soul. Classical music and affordable books!
Friday 17 April 2015 8.39am
Gramex has now moved into the basement and The Book Warehouse is currently moving into the ground floor. So Hetty you will be able to enjoy one stop shopping for your heart, art and soul.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: