Development on top of Southwark Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Thursday 5 July 2018 2.26pm
I cannot find the right expletive to register my shock and disbelief at such an ugly and disproportionate building. That is their very best attempt to make it look attractive. How bad will it be in actuality?
It's gross, it looks like the headquarters of the 'Gulags' and that is where it belongs.
Thursday 5 July 2018 5.30pm
I'm assuming that you're basing your comments on the ugly building on the Faithful & Gould site that's linked, but I don't think that anything has even been officially proposed yet has it? Plus, F+G are cost management consultants, not developers or architects. The consultation pack from Bell Phillips Architects shows an entirely different proposal.

Let's not get too excited until an actual scheme is put forward. I highly doubt that it will (and certainly hope that it won't) bear much semblance to the F+G image.
Friday 6 July 2018 9.45am
Do you have a link, I can't see anything related on their website.
Friday 6 July 2018 9.52am
You are right , it was the F&G promo that prompted my response but I believe that promo is the start of the softening up period.
We should all be Boy Scouts and be prepared.
Friday 6 July 2018 10.00am
Tolstoy,
If I remember correctly it was the link on KarenI's post of the nineteenth of June. You will have to wade through a lot of plans etc., I think it is the very last view looking down The Cut from The Old Vic that shows what a horror it is.
Wednesday 18 July 2018 12.02pm
No one was able to give me any information regarding the 'drawing'. Hopefully, it was just made up to accompany the story. Thebunhouse is correct though, we should all be prepared because this site will definitely be expanded into the sky and we need to make sure it doesn't take any Southwark Council land with it.
Wednesday 7 November 2018 7.04am
Good luck with your meeting with Southwark Council tomorrow night, I hope they listen to you this time. I SAID I HOPE SOUTHWARK COUNCIL LISTEN TO YOU THIS TIME. I also hope you donít have to spend most of the meeting going over old ground and can actually move forward on this.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network