Lambeth Planning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 6 March 2015 11.20pm
Lambeth Council planning are a complete waste of space.About 2 years ago they gave planning permission for complete renovation of 6 residential properties in Waterloo.The work was completed in October 2014 but instead of using as Residential in contravention of planning regulations , they advertise as holiday apartments. A continous stream of holiday makers arriving in coaches with lots of cases.You can hire one of these appartments at 1250 per week or 700 for 4 days.Planning enforcement have been informed in November but it still it goes on.How can anyone have faith in a council that allows law breaking and let 6 residential properties be used without planning consent to be used as holiday lets.
Saturday 7 March 2015 10.57am
I know the building to which you refer. The property's owner obviously hasn't supplied any bins, or don't bother complying with the rubbish collection days because there is always bags and bags of rubbish out on the street. Surely someone from Lambeth Council has seen this. In fact I'm surprised that Waterloo Quarter hasn't commented because they are generally very keen to keep the streets around here clear of clutter. (Unlike Lambeth Council who don't seem to care that businesses put A frames out in the middle of the road - not useful for disabled pedestrians.)
Saturday 7 March 2015 11.34am
Hi Karen, I reported this to planning enforcement back in November and it seems that the owner of the building has given a long lease to another company who are operating this illegal holiday let premises. The 6 flats are designated residential which means that all lets must be of 6 months or more,You can book a week for 1200 or 4 days for 700.
Seems a conspiracy as even one of our Councillors informed me that he was making a members enquiry back in November but has not got back to me
Thursday 12 March 2015 6.11pm
Another week passes and still Lambeth Planning enforcement not only do not take any action but do not respond emails.They are an absolute disgrace and no doubt working hand in hand with this illegal establishment
Thursday 12 March 2015 6.20pm
I suggest you get your ward councilors involved, as well as your MP Kate Hoey.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: