KeepMoat Company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 7 March 2015 7.12pm
Has anyone had KeepMoat yet rewire their property as forced upon us by the borough.

We had ours done yesterday and they left with faults here, Ceiling light bathroom has hole in it, bare wire in our cupboard not trunked, trod paint into our carpet, never put dust sheets down.

They acted like it was a school playground, broke our bin and when I complained the supervisor from keep moat came and said, "oh" I will have a word with them, he wasnt bothered. the company has a bad reputation, I have seen so many complaints of them.

My neighbour below the light fell down from her ceiling and smashed to the ground nearly hitting her, and they left her with no water in her kitchen for 3 days.

They also kindly left us with their half eaten lunch after they left and the mess was very bad in our place. They took the chain from our gas cooker and then could not find it to put it back on again.

I asked if they were qualified to remove gas pipes but he showed me no evidence of this.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this company, were they bad or good ones?
Sunday 8 March 2015 1.56pm
they make and then don't keep appointments ... currently surveying to trash devon mansions!
Sunday 8 March 2015 5.55pm
The arrogance and incompetence of the major works on our estate resulted in two or three deputations to full council meetings, numerous scrutiny meetings, pages of local paper coverage, and even BBC London coverage:

TV coverage here:

(We're still trying to get the snags fixed)

Good luck!
Sunday 8 March 2015 8.55pm
graham wrote:
The arrogance and incompetence of the major works on our estate resulted in two or three deputations to full council meetings, numerous scrutiny meetings, pages of local paper coverage, and even BBC London coverage:

TV coverage here:

(We're still trying to get the snags fixed)

Good luck!

That is outrageous.
Monday 9 March 2015 8.37am
Outrageous?
Just our lives here at the heart of The Elephant, living in social housing.
Monday 9 March 2015 4.03pm
graham wrote:
Outrageous?
Just our lives here at the heart of The Elephant, living in social housing.

Major liberties were taken with the long suffering Draper Estate residents: a systemic failure in LBS policies and enforcement of contractor responsibilities resulted in a negative general attitude towards residents.

By and large they thought we were something like the characters of Shameless and that they could take us for a ride.

They learned the hard way the errors of their assessment of our capabilities...
Monday 9 March 2015 7.48pm
I have the keepmoats top boss email and phone number, found on a site. 01302 346620 and mike.edwards@keepmoat.com

I have not tried the number but sent email to him and my local mp and southwark and a top electrician came to my place today, he wrote a report and said they will have to return and do some of it again, due to the faults they left behind, he even said they will have to re wire the fuse box.

I saw the news of your estates its terrible that anyone should have to live like that. My mp came back and said it was bad and she would help me, thats probably why the top electrician came by so quickly. I didnt hear from the keepmoat boss yet but maybe he is in hiding somewhere due to all complaints.
Wednesday 11 March 2015 6.17pm
At the tenants meeting last night, keepmoat were ripped apart by angry residents with all faults in their places. It was well bad, over 50 people attended that hall meeting and I have never seen so many angry people.
Wednesday 11 March 2015 6.58pm
What was the project manager and the clerk of works doing all this time? The project manager should be checking that everything is done according to schedule and the clerk of works should be checking the quality of the work. We had so many problems in our block of flats when we had major works done; some of which, four years later, has still not been done correctly. If your project manager is rubbish, by-pass him/her and go straight to the head of department.
Thursday 12 March 2015 4.54pm
Hi Ladywriter1968,

I believe you are located in Lambeth (due to your MP being a woman).

Keepmoat also has contracts in Southwark and I know for a fact that the TRA on the Four Squares estate (who are a formidable organization) have been able to exercise a great deal of control over them.

The fact that 50 people turned up at your meeting and they where (rightly) shouting is very positive, I suggest you build on this level of participation and make Keepmoat listen to you and your fellow residents.

Best wishes!

PS: Perhaps you could contact the Four Squares TRA for advice on how best to deal with Keepmoat.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: