Bermondsey Village - Lamb Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 9 March 2015 4.45pm
Anyone heard anything more about who/what will occupy the retail space on Lamb Walk at the bottom of the new build developments?
Monday 9 March 2015 5.00pm
Sorry, I'm probably being a bit dim, but where/what is Bermondsey Village?
Monday 9 March 2015 5.05pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Sorry, I'm probably being a bit dim, but where/what is Bermondsey Village?

Bermondsey Village is the name that has been given to the retail space on Lamb Walk. What used to be Terminal Rehearsal Rooms...
Monday 9 March 2015 5.40pm
Ah, I see. I thought "The Village" was a colloquialism used by those living on Bermondsey Street for the area (Bermondsey Street exclusively) as a whole.
Monday 9 March 2015 5.42pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Ah, I see. I thought "The Village" was a colloquialism used by those living on Bermondsey Street for the area (Bermondsey Street exclusively) as a whole.

No, we're not that up ourselves.
Monday 9 March 2015 5.51pm
Okay, I take it back then. However, you might like to acquaint yourself with a map of Bermondsey from which you'll discover Bermondsey is not a "village" and extends someway outwith the boundaries of Bermondsey Street.
Monday 9 March 2015 5.58pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Okay, I take it back then. However, you might like to acquaint yourself with a map of Bermondsey from which you'll discover Bermondsey is not a "village" and extends someway outwith the boundaries of Bermondsey Street.

Wow, you sound like an angry left wing council house resident.

Google "gentrification" mate, it's probably funding your existence.
Monday 9 March 2015 6.19pm
I was about to apologise for being a tad harsh, but it seems I was entirely justified, "mate". Really? Please explain how it's "probably funding [my] existence". My more than adequate tax contributions fund my "existence", such as it can be termed that, and it is in no way reliant on that big word you cite which, being a council house resident, is not in my dim-witted vocabulary.

I have no issue with gentrification, welcome it in fact, but not at the expense of others less fortunate.
Monday 9 March 2015 6.19pm
Hooray for gentrification it is making London so much better and not at all creating massive divides between all the different people who live here as sg87 is clearly demonstrating.
Monday 9 March 2015 6.31pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
I was about to apologise for being a tad harsh, but it seems I was entirely justified, "mate". Really? Please explain how it's "probably funding [my] existence". My more than adequate tax contributions fund my "existence", such as it can be termed that, and it is in no way reliant on that big word you cite which, being a council house resident, is not in my dim-witted vocabulary.
I have no issue with gentrification, welcome it in fact, but not at the expense of others less fortunate.

You asked for such a response. From the start of the thread (and other threads), you've acted angrily at the idea of "none council supported" Bermondsey residents even existing.

When I bought my property, Bermondsey Street was an absolute dump. It was rough as sin. Now....I wonder why that changed? It certainly wasn't due to people not coming to the area, and not spending their money and not deciding to live there, and buy there and setup business there.

You're bitter because you think you've got some right to the area, and likely to the property that you don't own.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network