Simon Hughes - junk mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 March 2015 9.32pm
Arrived home tonight - 3 pieces of mail - yay!

Ah, hang on...

1) A letter from Simon Hughes - "Fighting for Bermondsey, Borough and the Elephant for over 30 years"

2) A leaflet - "I'm still fighting for local people after over 30 years"

3) The Southwark Post 'Newspaper' - "I will keep fighting for us"

Simon, spamming me with junk does not mean I am going to vote for you. I remember your "pledge".

My bin was happy.
Zoe
Tuesday 10 March 2015 7.50am
I only got the leaflet and the letter, I feel left out now.
Tuesday 10 March 2015 8.45am
I got it too- binned.
Tuesday 10 March 2015 9.30am
And I didn't get any!
Tuesday 10 March 2015 9.36am
...and all I have received from him recently is three begging emails 'cos he needs another 10,000. Looks like his friends from Southwark Metals and the Ministry of Sound aint as generous as they used to be.
Tuesday 10 March 2015 12.30pm
Other parties are at it. We recently had six Labour representatives wandering around in our building, door knocking and leaving leaflets on thresholds (there are no internal post boxes). Apart from the issue of how they got in, I asked them to remove the leaflets because they indicate a resident isn't at home, not great in a building where there have been a couple of day time burglaries in the past.

Now they've resorted to posting leaflets direct.
Wednesday 11 March 2015 10.57am
I have a good story in this vein - a Labour activist used to live at my address 5+ years ago. So every election I get a stream of knocks on my door from Labour party workers asking if I am him/ will I help with the election. There has only been 1 this week but we are some way off the election.

I am always polite but... I think in future I should claim to be him and say I have defected to UKIP or Troy - whatever will outrage them most ;-)
Wednesday 11 March 2015 12.38pm
A couple of weeks back, our Simon was on LBC campaigning against nuisance phone calls, that very night I had a knock on the door from a Lib Dem rep' about 7pm, I open the door, chewing, I thought it would be obvious we were eating our tea, it went no where with the bloke, I had to be quite rude in the end and shut the door in his face, mid sentence.
Wednesday 11 March 2015 4.38pm
johnnytee wrote:
I have a good story in this vein - a Labour activist used to live at my address 5+ years ago. So every election I get a stream of knocks on my door from Labour party workers asking if I am him/ will I help with the election. There has only been 1 this week but we are some way off the election.
I am always polite but... I think in future I should claim to be him and say I have defected to UKIP or Troy - whatever will outrage them most ;-)

A French acquaintance of mine does that with UKIP activists: she lets them talk and talk before she reveals that she's foreign. The colour of their faces matches the UKIP purple to perfection.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: