LeSoCo consultation meeting regarding building works

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 12 March 2015 11.28pm
There is a meeting at LeSoCo on The Cut on 18th March from 5pm to 7pm to see the project plans and to discuss any area of interest or concerns with the site team. Leafleting to our block was very poor; they didn't post through anybody's letter box.
Zoe
Friday 13 March 2015 7.34am
No, they put the letter sideways behind the notice we have on the door of Styles House, which I could just see peeping out when I came home at 9pm, so I pulled it out and stuck it on the wall.

Very impressive advertising by the college.
Sunday 15 March 2015 2.31pm
Let us hope that a lot of people turn up. In Ufford Street we have heaavy trucks going to the site from 07.15 onwards.They go down the road at about 40 or 50 mph ( in a 20 mph zone ) hit the speed bump and the noise is horrendous
Zoe
Sunday 15 March 2015 3.21pm
I noticed that when I cycled down there, slightly alarming to have a speeding truck on a smal road come up rapidly behind you.
Thursday 19 March 2015 9.06am
I didn't manage to go the meeting as I was working late. Did anybody have an update, please? I was woken up by noise from the site at 5.45 this morning...
Thursday 19 March 2015 9.45am
It seems that Ufford Street will really suffer from traffic servicing the new block of flats doing U turns. Not just during the build, but forever after. I hadn't realised when I went to the last presentation that the 'roads' to both the left and right of the college will open up onto The Cut (Burrell Street and down the side of EV). The 'side street' near EV was proposed as a public footpath, but I have a feeling it may eventually give access to traffic servicing the new block of flats. I went to the meeting to find out more about the block of flats but Balfour Beatty has nothing to do with this and were only representing the college and as I had been to the presentation a couple of years ago, I didn't really learn much. I think residents in Lambeth who live near the site of the new block of flats will need to keep their eye on the ball regarding access for traffic. I spoke to Balfour Beatty about processing of waste on site as this was the biggest noise this summer. It seems that all sites are required to use as much waste as possible. I wanted to know if there was any ruling about whether this should be done off-site in a residential area and he suggested this be brought up with the planning department. I asked because I am concerned about the demolition of the buildings to make way for the Barratts Tower at St Georges Circus. I will write to the council and find out if the waste is going to be processed on site.
Saturday 21 March 2015 12.44pm
You're doing a grand job, Karen. There should be a lot of locals who will be very grateful to you for having brought up these salient points with the B.B.people. I would've been there had I not been miles away that day.I would have asked about the horrendous noises coming from behind the hoardings, but now they've been explained by you. How do you wheedle out these facts, don't say they admitted to the processing business? Peabody people beware, win the Lottery and take a very long cruise throughout these and the Blackfriars Road works.
Friday 25 September 2015 11.56am
Has anybody else received a (new) letter about the consultation for the Lesoco site? It seems that there is another consultation period, ending on 2 October, in respect of 15/AP3024. I haven't had a chance to look at the detail yet, but I wonder if there have been any changes to the plans presented earlier!
Friday 25 September 2015 4.29pm
If it's the one we got in the post last week, it is an amendment to the bike parking element of the plan, and what appears to be a retrospective application for those lights on the facade. They want the lights to stay on until 11pm, so if your bedroom faces the college, you might like to object, or at least ask for conditions to be applied.
Monday 28 September 2015 1.27pm
Thank you Karen. You are, as always, on top of these things!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: