Unexploded WWII bomb in Grange Walk, Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 23 March 2015 10.54am
Just wanted to pop out and found all nearby streets closed off and police turned me back.
I was told there's a bomb in Spa Gardens. Does anyone know what's going on? Did someone find an unexploded WW2 bomb?
Monday 23 March 2015 11.07am
Just saw twitter feed on SE1 news page. Ignore previous post.
Monday 23 March 2015 11.08am
That building site at the junction of The Grange and Grange Walk, near the rear of the Exchange, yes they found an unexploded bomb while they were doing the building work. Neckinger closed off too, all buildings in the immediate vicinity are being evacuated as I type this.
Monday 23 March 2015 12.56pm
The emergency services should get Stan Boardman in to take everybody's mind off it!
Monday 23 March 2015 2.06pm
I wondered why the traffic was so bad around the Bricklayers Arms roundabout and elsewhere so asked the Community Policeman and he said a WW2 bomb had been found on a building site in Grange Road and they were waiting to hear if it was active or not.
Monday 23 March 2015 2.19pm
Can anyone tell where the cordon ends on the east side of Grange Road, ie is it at Alscot Road or at the Chinese takeaway etc?
Monday 23 March 2015 2.26pm
Earlier you could get to the takeaway

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 23 March 2015 2.29pm
I am inside the 400m zone and police have done a very good job of keeping us informed. Just popped onto Grange Rd and saw press gathering at junction with Bacon Grove.
Monday 23 March 2015 2.44pm
Hi

I saw this on the news earlier and just wondered if anyone knows if Spa road was effected?

Karen
Monday 23 March 2015 2.52pm
Karen C wrote:
Hi
I saw this on the news earlier and just wondered if anyone knows if Spa road was effected?

Karen

I'd assume the section of it that runs from Grange Road to Neckinger (ie along the gardens) is closed, based on what I've read elsewhere.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: