Boris forcing sale of fire station.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 27 March 2015 9.28pm
The station will be be sold then somehow or other school plan will be shelved then more cubby hole flatlets will be created or am I just getting more cynical as I age?

Related news & features

Saturday 28 March 2015 9.41am
Very much hope not Jan! This is a much needed secondary school with school places running into deficit by 2018 in the borough, particularly in the north. We have a petition is here...for anyone wanting to keep the pressure up to ensure that the school plan becomes a school and not some more empty investment properties!
Saturday 28 March 2015 9.53am
We are very much in need of more secondary school spaces. On balance, I am in favour of a new school. However, I'd be more in favour of expansion of already successful schools, which already have a proven track record, rather than taking a chance with new schools, staffed by relatively inexperienced teaching staff and leadership. A wrong choice of school on the part of parents/children can condemn hundreds of children to the scrapheap later on in life.
Saturday 28 March 2015 10.46am
This is exactly what se1parents are aiming to do.

We have reached out to all the local primary schools to get parents/carers involved and steer toward choosing a secondary school provider that is already established.
We have our vision on the website
Saturday 28 March 2015 11.34am
In this corner of SE1 there definitely is a shortage of quality secondary schools. Nautical is boys only, Stockwell/Platanos is rubbish, the rest is a commute.
Saturday 28 March 2015 10.21pm
Couldn't agree more ! This part of Southwark has been badly neglected in terms of secondary schools. Hopefully that's about to change.
Sunday 29 March 2015 1.01pm
Very much needed?

But nobody in the surrounding area was consulted. Some people work from home, and this would be game over in being able to do so.

1,110 kids? The way kids behave these days, this area is finished. It will never be the same again. It has till now been one of the most peaceful areas in central London.

First they build a training centre tower in front of residential buildings, and caused years of misery for people I know. And now this?

Just try to imagine what would your life would be like if someone decided to build a secondary school in front of where you lived, and you worked from home.

It is a residential area. As such, a school would not be fitting in this environment. Do you think this would be accepted if it were to happen in the Trinity St area?
Sunday 29 March 2015 5.49pm
Tad over the top, David. I don't see how it would preclude you from working from home. Kids who live in the area need an education in/close to the area.

As for the training tower, wasn't that for its former use as a fire station? As far i'm aware - i stand to be corrected - the fire station has been for years and years and so can't really complain about them needing to train in a tower on their station. Could make all the difference between life and death...

I'd like to think that if there were space in Trinity Street or the surrounding area then the fact there is residential close by wouldn't stop a school being opened.
Sunday 29 March 2015 7.07pm
That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the hell are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?
Sunday 29 March 2015 8.42pm
It's a great plan, and one that will help local families.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: