Crime Scene Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 29 March 2015 8.57am
The High is taped off this morning to all from Newcomen St to St George's church.
The copper told me that it was a crime scene & to make my way around.
No further info

Sidney
Sunday 29 March 2015 10.01am
I was just told by a fella who was there that 8-9 people may have been stabbed.
Apparently an incident at an RnB night at Belushis that really blew up.
He said he was akin to riot
Sunday 29 March 2015 11.55am
A police officer told me the reason why the northern section of the high street leading up to Southwark St was taped up in front of several buildings was because prior to the rain, there were trails of blood all the way up the high street. I suppose if it were important, they would've covered it up.

All the traffic was being diverted via Marshalsea Road. The street was open to traffic northbound from Union St.
Sunday 29 March 2015 2.19pm
And all this took place just up the road from the Police Station in Borough High Street...
Sunday 29 March 2015 8.50pm
Sidney - your sources are completely incorrect. Belushi's was no way involved with the violence that took place on Borough High Street (The Police can verify this). We do not host RnB parties, we were closed at the time of the violence and the participants involved were not our customers. You will find that it was a nearby licensed premises that hosted the RnB party which kickstarted the whole sorry affair.
Sunday 29 March 2015 9.13pm
A bit of research shows that it wasn't Belushi's.
Sunday 29 March 2015 9.54pm
My apologises to you.
I was told by a black taxi driver who saw the fights & he jumped to the wrong conclusion.
One of your neighbours had their license restricted for while by the police recently & this kind of irresponsible management doesn't help anyone nor reflect well on the area.
Monday 30 March 2015 8.39am
Sidney wrote:
My apologises to you.
I was told by a black taxi driver who saw the fights & he jumped to the wrong conclusion.
One of your neighbours had their license restricted for while by the police recently & this kind of irresponsible management doesn't help anyone nor reflect well on the area.

We must know the same taxi driver, I was told the same thing, and I think at the time you posted, there wasn't much official news about it.
Monday 30 March 2015 9.04am
Sidney wrote:
My apologises to you.

So you quickly posted a bit of unverified hearsay and speculation, pointing the forum finger at a business that had nothing to do with the incident.

You suggest the cause was 'irresponsible management' I suggest that whoever was 'akin to riot' (the words of a 'fella who was there' apparently, not a taxi driver) was not going to be controlled by any sort of 'management', except the police.
Monday 30 March 2015 8.22pm
I think Jane I would have passed on what I was told , it's called gossip! And psychologists have told us recently it's good for us..lol...and Sidney did apologise..I think he should go to Belushis and buy the manager a drink!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: