Princess Street Surgery- a rant and a moan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
CGB
Friday 3 April 2015 11.30pm
Just interested to know if anybody else has a hard time getting GP appointments at the Princess Street Surgery...for the past couple of years (at least)every time I ring for an appointment, I am invariably told that there is a 2-week wait!
And don't get me started on the new telephone triage system for urgent appointments: I am sort of OK (at a push) to have this system in place for adults (I understand that given sheer numbers of patients you have to have some sort of gatekeeping system) but for kids??! They get sick so suddenly, and they can get worse so quickly, it does seem the telephone triage can create a dangerous delay...
but of course you are told not to go to A&E unless it's a life or death situation, PLEASE DON'T CLOG THE SYSTEM (ha!). Please just stay at home and die there quietly and without fuss, thank you very much.

Anyway, the last couple of times I've rung for an appointment, I have actually complained about the situation and was assured that the Practice Manager would call me back to discuss (she always seems to be in meetings)...needless to say she has never bothered to call back.

I know GP practices are over-subscribed everywhere in London. But they can't blame it JUST on the swelling population, it is also the cuts that have been inflicted during the last 8 years etc. I'M STILL PAYING THE SAME NI CONTRIBUTIONS THOUGH!! More! Give me a blooming GP service that is not third-rate!!!
I'm so fed up with it, I am actually drafting a letter to our MP about it.

Is anybody else in the same boat? Please feel free to add your moan or comment. Heck, rant away if you wish. I know I feel better!

Happy Easter!
CGB
Friday 3 April 2015 11.35pm
In my haste to fire a rant, I failed to scan the headings in the forum and just realised there is already a (non-ranting) post on the same subject by floodplain. I commend his/her tone for being a lot more composed than my post, lol. But boy does it feel good to let rip occassionally...
Saturday 4 April 2015 6.45am
When children and babies come into the equation even the most laid back parent becomes a she devil or he devil when not being able to be seen on the same day by a medical practioner! Quite agree with what you say about children suddenly going downhill. Rants good for you...
Saturday 4 April 2015 11.44am
I was given a two week wait by Blackfriars medical practise, when I told them I would have to go to A&E they found a cancellation immediately.
Saturday 4 April 2015 5.38pm
CGB, I started a thread on the same theme (waiting times), concerning my local on Decima street:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/189647/189647#msg-189647

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: