Bass noise around the Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 5 April 2015 11.33pm
I live by the railway line on new kent road and last night and tonight I've been hearing/feeling really loud base. Can anyone else feel it? Does anyone know where it might be coming from? I'd love to know so I can tell them to shut up and let me sleep!
Monday 6 April 2015 3.55pm
Yes most people on the north side of the Strata building have been hearing it over the bank holiday weekend, every night it seems. If it happens again report it Southwark council - 020 7525 5777 - and we'll report it too.
Monday 6 April 2015 4.25pm
Probably the UK Garage festival which was held at the Coronet over the weekend.
Monday 6 April 2015 5.03pm
Guy's street wrote:
Probably the UK Garage festival which was held at the Coronet over the weekend.

Just checked it certainly fits in with it going till 7am, can't wait till the 10th April then! ;-)
Tuesday 7 April 2015 1.39pm
Thanks for the info! It's odd as we don't normally hear music noise from there. Maybe they cranked it up to 11! What's happening on the 10th?
Tuesday 7 April 2015 5.13pm
Could the noise have originated perhaps from the Corsica Studios in Elephant Road?

This was their lin-up for Easter Sunday:

Truncate AKA Audio Injection, Raymundo Rodriguez, Chris Stanford, Broken Neon.

This is what Truncate sounds like.
Tuesday 7 April 2015 8.10pm
It was more of a flat Eric style of longer bass notes.
I heard it on Saturday and Sunday nights too.

I mean it could have been Corsica Studios but Elephant Road curves away from us so I'm not sure we'd hear it.
Tuesday 7 April 2015 11.22pm
Friday 10th April is Dubwise so it should be pretty bassy and Saturday has an In the Asylum night too - http://coronettheatre.co.uk/events/

Maybe it was just because of the UK Garage festival and they ramped it up to 11 as I've never heard it either, it also seemed intermittent like someone opening the firedoors or something. I might go for a walk around both places this Friday and see what it's like as I'd like to get it sorted without going to the council.
Wednesday 8 April 2015 8.59am
Truncate is music? Just listened to one minute of it, if I had to listen to that all night I'd go potty and phone up noise patrol or go around with a stick of dynamite!
Wednesday 8 April 2015 4.30pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Truncate is music? Just listened to one minute of it, if I had to listen to that all night I'd go potty and phone up noise patrol or go around with a stick of dynamite!

Let's just say that the Elephant has seen better acts than truncate...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: