SE1/SE16 electrician

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 April 2015 8.44am
Hi everyone

Myself & my husband are moving to the SE1/SE16 area very soon, and we need a CORGI-certified electrician to come and tell us if & how we can move the electric & gas meters to a different place in our new home (currently they're taking up loads of space in the kitchen).

Can anyone recommend an electrician in the area?

Thanks!
Tuesday 14 April 2015 9.19am
You won't find a CORGI-certified electrician. CORGI was the predecessor organisation to Gas Safe, which regulates gas/boiler engineers.

You'll need a Gas Safe engineer to move your gas meter.

As for moving an electric meter, I would speak to your energy supplier as I could be wrong, but I suspect it is the electric company that is responsible for moving meters and not just an electrician.

I've recently used Garry Johnson (07882642799) to help with some plumbing issues. He is Gas Safe registered so far as I'm aware. He was friendly, efficient and undertook the work well. I'm just a satisfied customer with no affiliation, commission arrangement, etc.

I have an electrician coming tomorrow to fit some spotlights and sockets. He is SE16 based. If he is good - and I have every expectation that he will be based on our conversations thus far - I will post a recommendation for him.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: