Joan Street squat gone

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 15 April 2015 10.11pm
i see the bailiffs have removed the squatters from the old office block on Joan street. Its now boarded up and surrounded by razor wire.
Thursday 16 April 2015 8.21am
They were officially evicted a month ago. I've heard rumours that the new owners are going to do a temporary 'fix' and paint job on the building and turn it into a pop up arts space. I'm not sure of the original source of this information though.
Thursday 16 April 2015 11.06am
could definatley do with a paint job, its quite an eysore....
Thursday 16 April 2015 7.52pm
You can't see what it's like on top, it's possibly even worse than the sides.
Friday 17 April 2015 11.57pm
A slap of paint would do a bit of camouflage on it,but it's so hideous I can't imagine anything working apart from demolition.Do you have a photo taken from higher up Zoe? Is the roof really in as bad a condition as the rest of it? The mind boggles.
Sunday 19 April 2015 2.54pm
Actually, it's probably not in that bad a condition, it's just got some bizarre drawing on it
Monday 20 April 2015 12.37pm
You're right,it is weird.Thanks for sharing this sight with us,it looks worthy of a Hammer Horror movie set,Alex Crowley influenced.Did you have flickering lights and cries of anguish coming from there? Or was it an advanced game of hopscotch? We had no idea that it was quite so hideous from pavement level.
Tuesday 21 April 2015 3.47pm
Seems to coincide with squatters moving back into the old carpet shop at the corner of Borough High St and Trinity St in the past week.
Tuesday 21 April 2015 3.55pm
Van loads of furniture, electrical goods and personal belongings have been moving into the old Mayfair Carpets today.
Wednesday 22 April 2015 6.05pm
I like this building. It just needs a bit of TLC. Give it a scrub and you'd have 1 million 'former industrial' loft space in no time. Or something more useful and affordable, if London wasn't bonkers. Shame it's going to be knocked down.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: