Abellio buses, this is The End

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 April 2015 5.09pm
Another Abellio thread, but after another busload of angry and confused passengers, and a traffic jammed A2 cos Abellio managers wanted the bus to park next to the Bricklayers flyover,

who to get in touch with?

I ve contacted Tfl, and transport@southwark.gov, but who licenses this firm who have run 172 and 188 into a slow crawl, and made the E and C roundabout into an AbelliSlo bus park?

o, and they cant turn off the heaters either, so if you like a slow running angry sauna, AbelliSlo is the charabanc for you...
Monday 20 April 2015 9.53am
They're awful. How the hell they keep winning new contracts is beyond me. I made a point of e-mailing TfL every time my journey was curtailed and/or delayed and doesn't make an iota of difference. The E&C roundabout/New Kent Road is a joke. There are normally four Abellio buses there waiting for a change of driver...
Thursday 23 April 2015 6.14pm
Good to hear that TfL are getting the lowdown on the slowdown.

I genuinely believe that they are a liability,and how Southwark have rewarded their mediocrity with a free bus park on a major approach road is beyond me.

I am going to write to the Traffic Commissioner, Nicholas Denton, because that roundabout is another cyclist accident waiting to happen.
Thursday 23 April 2015 7.21pm
In fairness, it is a TfL road rather than Southwark (tell-tale sign is the red routes) and 30 mph speed limit, but the point is still very valid.

It is even worse when you think that their bus garage in Walworth is less than a mile from there and they could run out of service to avoid inconveniencing the passengers or cyclists to whom their stationary buses pose a hazard. If you or I were to park there, we'd be hit with an expensive parking ticket.

Do write to Mr Denton because it's only by complaining loudly enough that anything will be done about it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: