Simon Hughes - junk mail (thread 2)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Thursday 23 April 2015 7.10pm
Hi all

Serious question: does anyone know an address/website/email address where I can op-out of the ongoing Simon Hughes junk mail deluge?

Two more letters tonight (one on unrecyclable pink paper) and another flier.

I love to recycle - but would prefer not to receive Simon's rubbish in the first place.

Final thought: Simon, I am fed up of reading your tedious and arrogant "Conservatives - can't win here" message.
Thursday 23 April 2015 11.13pm
Just take a look at this video interview with Simon Hughes.
Thursday 23 April 2015 11.22pm
So far I have had eleven begging emails from Simon Hughes ranging from 20 to 1000.
All unsuccessful.
Friday 24 April 2015 7.05am
Like you, i'm fed up of telling them not to post their rubbish through my letter box... its tedious and mostly inaccurate. I'm seriously hoping Mr Hughes looses this time...
Friday 24 April 2015 9.16am
I stopped even opening the emails when I realised I was getting them not just daily but on occasion more than once a day - misuse of the email communication channel soon turns the perception to spam. Not clever.
Friday 24 April 2015 10.22am
I've met Simon, he actually seems like quite a nice fella.

However, the relentless leafleting is really getting on my wick.
Friday 24 April 2015 10.44am
Boss St Bloke - I could not agree more with your comment about him saying "conservatives cannot win so do not waste your vote." I have emailed Simon Hughes twice in the last week asking to be removed from all mailing lists. The first letter I received, the deliverer somehow gained access to our building and put it in my pigeon hole. There is a perfectly good communal letterbox at the main front door. I do not appreciate people gaining access to my building. The second letter was in a handwritten envelope and was a photocopied letter telling me not to waste my postal vote and how the Tories cannot win.

The Labour Party broke my letterbox (on my front door not main one) last year and refuse to accept any responsibility. They said they had removed me from all mailing lists, but quelle surprise I got 2 flyers this year.

No response from the lib dems re removing me from their mailing lists. Sick of all of it.
Friday 24 April 2015 12.06pm
Has anyone else noticed that the Simon Hughes literature has almost no references to the Lib Dems on it whatsoever? Desperately trying to distance himself from the party and associated taint.

It's going to be a very interesting election for this constituency...
Friday 24 April 2015 1.00pm
littlej wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the Simon Hughes literature has almost no references to the Lib Dems on it whatsoever? Desperately trying to distance himself from the party and associated taint.
It's going to be a very interesting election for this constituency...

I have to say that the leaflet with the spelling mistake that I got through the door, wasn't recognisable as from the Lib Dems at all, It was all blue and red, only when I folded it open it was clear who it was from and it wasn't even that clear you had to open it. To be honest, an initial thought was that it isn't an official LibDem leaflet at all. Strange thought, I know, and would that be possible at all?
Friday 24 April 2015 1.24pm
katysharp wrote:
I do not appreciate people gaining access to my building. The second letter was in a handwritten envelope and was a photocopied letter

Katy, agreed.

As for the photocopied 'handwritten' letter (copied letter addressed to 'Dear Friend', envelope addressed in biro to me personally), what is the objective in packaging a repeat of previous messages in this way? Do the Lib Dems imagine people will really think Simon has written to them personally in long hand?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: