Current Freeview reception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 April 2015 7.28pm
Hello dear SE1-ers anyone else's freeview reception gone awol/freezing over the last couple of days? It has been so much better recently- but last few days have been terrible?
Tuesday 28 April 2015 8.28pm
Mine was freezing for the odd second at the weekend. Could it be the number of large cranes that have appeared over the last week?
Tuesday 28 April 2015 10.39pm
ah yes- thank-you karen
Wednesday 29 April 2015 5.22pm
Could be cranes, but could also be the rollout of improved mobile phone services (4G services in the 800MHz range) which is happening around me in SE1. The site www.at800.tv provides more info. You might be affected if you're near a recently upgraded mast.
Thursday 30 April 2015 9.53am
Is there anything I can do- apart from re-setting Freeview - have done that- but it is Freezing every few hours now?
Thursday 30 April 2015 12.53pm
Hi Kory

You could try an aerial amplifier. I bought one from Maplin for my Freeview box and have had no signal drop outs or artifacts since. They are mains powered and you can vary the gain - I keep mine on max.

The one I would recommend is here.

There are several Maplin stores near SE1. Map here.
Friday 1 May 2015 12.27am
Thanks Boss St - away from home just now but will get on to this next week - I may be back (techno phobia) with more questions - thanks so much you are so kind and helpful

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: