good builders and cleaner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 29 April 2015 1.12pm
Hi everyone

I recently got side extension with wall reconfiguration completed by polish builders. Great communication and work done within budget ( very affordable). They had few days delay but it was reasonable. Moreover they will let you keep 1000 after completion for six months. Their contact details: info@homeshape.co.uk, 07877497598

I also want to recommend a good cleaner I hired to clean my property in details after building work was completed.
Her name is Patricia 07936 436343

Thanks
Thursday 30 April 2015 10.49am
Anyone considering using Homeshape Ltd should pm me first. I have first hand experience with this company.
Thursday 30 April 2015 12.28pm
Actually I have thought about this and will give my experience with Homeshape Ltd now, to save anyone the trouble of a PM.
"Maria", your experience differs from mine, we had a delay too, it was 9 weeks over, on a 12 week job... not in any way reasonable. The standard of work was very poor, not nearly enough care or skill was shown in the build. The main contractor could speak no English at all, so day to day it was difficult to get information. The site was not kept tidy, clean or safe, the progress of work was incredibly slow and had we known better we would have terminated the contract a couple of weeks into the build. Fortunately we found a competent tradesman to finish the job, but I am still furious that my hard earned money was wasted on such a disorganised and unprofessional company. I notice that Homeshape Ltd have been expelled from the FMB, so no doubt there are other dissatisfied people that have used this company out there.
We were first put in touch with Homeshape Ltd by a recommendation on this site, which subsequently I asked James to investigate and he has since deleted because it looked suspect.
Thursday 30 April 2015 3.39pm
The tone of these posts is so different, and Simon's experience reinforces my initial feeling that 'Maria''s post was a bit too good to be true.

Btw, the retention of some money for period once a project is completed is often incorporated in contracts and so not a particular 'kindness' on the builder's part!
Thursday 30 April 2015 5.59pm
janefs wrote:
The tone of these posts is so different, and Simon's experience reinforces my initial feeling that 'Maria''s post was a bit too good to be true.
Btw, the retention of some money for period once a project is completed is often incorporated in contracts and so not a particular 'kindness' on the builder's part!

Thanks Jane, I considered not saying anything, but the amount of stress this company caused to me and my family made me realise that I had to say something to stop anyone else from going through the same awful experience. I wonder if "Maria" has anything to say ?
Saturday 2 May 2015 2.08am
your allegation is wrong and I will ignore it.... I simply shared my experience... sorry to hear yours was different
Tuesday 9 June 2015 10.43am
call Rob LANCASTER 07950 190530
EMAIL roblancaster@yahoo.co.uk
web site www.roblan.co.uk
Friday 3 July 2015 4.45pm
Simon, could you let us have the name and phone number of the guy you were pleased with to,do your job.
Thx
Wednesday 8 July 2015 12.21pm
Hi all
My son in law mark gaskin is a very good builder .
Has a excellent portfolio
He's has built flats and fitted out shops
No job to small
Contact him on
Wednesday 8 July 2015 5.01pm
Cathyt wrote:
Simon, could you let us have the name and phone number of the guy you were pleased with to,do your job.
Thx
Hi Cathy
His name is Iuliano and he is really a contractor that works for a builder friend of ours, he finished our job as a favour after having seen the terrible state our house was left in by Homeshape, cracks you could fit your fingers in on new build walls, dodgy tiling etc... really terrible. I could ask him if he would take on more work but he doesn't normally take on smaller jobs like ours. I will ask him.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: