Hop Picking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 1 May 2015 9.11pm
I am appealing to anyone who remembers coming to pick hops at Mays Farm, Pearsons Green, Brenchley. I now own the Farm house, the farm land having been sold to another farm in the 1970's and am writing a book about the history of the farm. I understand the hop pickers came from bermondsey and so am hoping to get a few responses.

If anyone has any photos or memories they would like to share I would be very interested and most grateful.
Monday 4 May 2015 11.12pm
I have a photo of my aunts at a hop picking farm, not sure which one.
I will ask my Dad and Uncle if they can remember and come back to you as soon as I can.
Wednesday 6 May 2015 1.33pm
Many thanks.
Wednesday 6 May 2015 10.12pm
Stayed at the Black Horse pub in Thurnham, Kent recently. They have lots of photos of hop pickers around the bar many of them from Bermondsey. If you call them they might do you some copies.
Tuesday 8 December 2015 11.38pm
Hi, Are you still interested in information about your farm? My partner is the great grandson of Alfred Aubrey May and one of his many cousins may be able to help...
Tuesday 8 December 2015 11.47pm
http://bermondseyboy.net/topic/3187402/HopPicking#.Vmdqr3rfWrU

This site contains a post from someone whose great grandfather worked at your farm...
Sunday 14 May 2017 11.52pm
Just found this response. My email is hornpanetta@aol.com if you could c contact me I would be very interested thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: