Newington Causeway - sound

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 2 May 2015 4.23pm
Hey all,

Currently looking to move to a flat on Newington Causeway area and wondered if anyone around there has any info on the sound from the surrounding areas like the MOS? The place I was looking at was quite close to the Southwark Playhouse and on the same side of the road, so not sure exactly how far that is from the MOS. Seemed quiet at the time of viewing but that was during the day! On another point, how safe do you feel the area is, especially walking home at night? I'm currently close to Bermondsey Street and never had any issues at all (other than a WW2 bomb ;) ) but just a bit concerned being on a main road and so close to clubs open so late! Thanks all!
Saturday 2 May 2015 9.58pm
You'll find plenty on here, both news stories and forum posts, about the issues the Ministry has had to deal with as the immediate area becomes more residential. All I'd say, as someone who a good five years ago based himself just a street or so away, is I've never heard anything remotely intrusive from the club, even when walking past at night. Same on safety. Your biggest annoyance might be traffic noise.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: