Pizza Lupa no more?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 May 2015 6.23am
Appears Pizza Lupa has been taken over...

Http://lupa.co.uk

No more 16 inch pizzas, no more roasted garlic... Need to find a new pizza company :(
Monday 4 May 2015 3.07pm
Have you tried http://www.basilico.co.uk?
Monday 4 May 2015 3.42pm
I used Firezza in the past when I was leaving in West London, I am italian, so quite demanding for a pizza (especially at the price they sell it), I have to say Firezza is pretty decent, better than many other delivery pizzas I tried.
Nonetheless, I usually prefer to spend the same money and sit down at Franco Manca, eating a better pizza. Hope the delays for the one in Berdmonsey St are over and they could open soon.
Monday 4 May 2015 3.58pm
At this rate, it's likely we'll have had a second election before we see Franco Manca on Bermondsey Street.
Monday 4 May 2015 5.47pm
OK its not pizza but i must say i've been super impressed with GREEN MANGO which does Jerk Chicken and stuff like that... On Mill Street apparently but only ever done delivery..

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-greenmango-se1/menu

Got slowly more and more fed up with the pizza Cucina > pizza lupa > whoever they are now getting more and more uninspiring..

No connection but Green Mango now currently my fav delivery option and i'm a very hard to please picky food snob ..

Check it out!
Monday 4 May 2015 6.50pm
fusionsnow wrote:
At this rate, it's likely we'll have had a second election before we see Franco Manca on Bermondsey Street.

My daughter has been raving about that, she's been going to the one in Brixton, great value and delicious.
Tuesday 5 May 2015 8.19am
Lupa's been steadily creeping away from good pizzas over the last couple of months, imho.

No egg (what! I love a Fiorentina), no parma ham, etc. I now realise that they've been replacing their (previously good) ingredients with the Firezza ingredients.

1/2 a metre of pizza is too big (and expensive). 12in is too small (it's not all for me).

Time to get some pizza dough in the freezer. At least I've generally got eggs and nice ham in the freezer.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 10 May 2015 9.33pm
Just tried the new Pizza Lupa / Firezza tonight, and also very disappointed... I notice that the (newish) Firezza Operations Manager is ex-Pizza Hut... explains a lot!! No more thin, crispy pizzas with gourmet toppings... now just bland, chewy, cold rubbish.

Basilico will definitely be my pizza of choice in future (used to alternate). Plus they do lovely Sorbitum ice-creams!

Will check out Green Mango too - sounds good. :-)

Also a big fan of Masala Dubba on Trinity Street - really good food (though admittedly, terrible website - better to phone or use Just Eat!)
www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-masaladubba-se1/
Monday 11 May 2015 11.44am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Time to get some pizza dough in the freezer. At least I've generally got eggs and nice ham in the freezer.

If you don't feel like making it yourself, Greensmiths stock decent frozen pizza dough which makes for an easy 'fakeaway'.
Monday 11 May 2015 11.59am
Ah, thanks a lot for that.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: