Tradesmen Recommendations - Angelo (Electrician), Wayne (Plumber) & Yemi (Handyman)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 May 2015 10.45am
Hi all

I recently engaged Angelo and Wayne on the basis of this forum's recommendations and wanted to post a couple of reviews.

Electrician - Angelo Avella (07850 767 283, angelo@glennies.net)

Angelo was engaged to move around my storage heating and that involved chasing wiring into the walls and the ceiling. Angelo did a safe and efficient job. The chasing involved the barest minimum of wall damage and his mate also touched it up (not to decorative standards but the finishing is not an eye sore).

Going by the quality of service, the hours spent and the end product, I think he is fantastic value for money.

Angelo is also very friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be available if there are any follow-up questions.

Plumber - Wayne Barber (07883 3434 08)

Wayne did lots of small jobs for me which included changing the basin in the bathroom.

After the initial visit to assess the scope of the work, Wayne was responsive throughout. He helped shop for the right fittings (by email), was OK with picking a convenient day for the job and on the day did a clean and efficient job. He also sorted out some legacy issues in the process.

His initial quote seemed high but I am glad that, based on all the recommendations, I went with him as that reflects in the quality of the work.

Handyman - Yemi on task rabbit

If you guys use Taskrabbit for smaller handyman tasks, then I recommend Yemi. He helped put together some Ikea flat packs and some wall fixtures. He's got a fantastic attitude and does a really good job without shortcuts.
Friday 15 May 2015 5.14pm
All of this praise for Angleo always strikes me as odd since I had him come around to quote doing some electrical work in a kitchen for me. His quote came in at 1600 v.s. the the other 4 quotes I got between 340-400. He also felt so inclined to tell me how many lights we needed, what colour lights, finish and what kind of finish the face-plates SHOULD be.....oddly enough I am a designer and my partner is an architect...we really didn't need design help from a tradesmen.
Friday 15 May 2015 5.26pm
Back in February/March, I dud use a plumber called Garry Johnson, who I found in a roundabout way on here, and he was very good. His number is 07882642799. Very highly recommended.

I recently used an excellent electrician called Stanley Davis of SKD Electrical Services. He is based locally (in SE16) and was excellent. He installed many spotlights for us and at a very good price. He took care of lifting up floorboards and replacing them, leaving place spotless. Very, very highly recommended: 07513416928. I think he's too busy working to be writing reviews about himself!

No affiliation with the above other than in the auspices of satisfied customer.
Saturday 6 June 2015 5.33pm
Dear All.

I'm available for handyman work in SE1. 35 an hour. No call out or congestion. Please see my Google reviews below. 07922 745161.

https://plus.google.com/100448164703350292448/about?hl=en&gl=uk

www.benthehandyman.co.uk
Monday 15 June 2015 10.23am
for all design and build requirements give me a call
call Rob on 07950 190530
email roblancaster@yahoo.co.uk
Take a look at my website -www.roblan.co.uk
Tuesday 14 July 2015 11.15am
I called Angelo a couple of weeks ago to fix some light switch electric after moving a wall. I called him at 5pm and he was over the next morning at 9.30 -very quick! Angelo was very helpful and also fixed an unsafe light switch for me. I would highly recommend Angelo he is a fantastic electrician, friendly, reliable, tidy and reasonable.

D Skull -SE1

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: