Dress alterations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 19 May 2015 9.08pm
Hello. Is anyone able to recommend a very good ie not mediocre/slapdash/just ok, place that carries out professional alterations to clothes, preferably in the London Bridge/Tower Bridge area? I have someone who needs a dress taken in (it's already been pinned) but it needs to be done well. One place on TBR was unable to do a hem properly. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thank you.
Wednesday 20 May 2015 11.44pm
I know a place but they are not in SE1. UK Tailors, 38 Mount Pleasant, London WC1X 0AN. 0207 837 9888 uktailors.co.uk they do alterations for many of the top stores like Harrods, Selfridges, Austin Reed. I have used these myself a number of times and can recommend them. No affiliation.
Thursday 21 May 2015 7.58am
Thank you Eileen.
Thursday 21 May 2015 10.38am
I used Crystal Clean Drycleaners, 89 Tower Bridge Road (green sign, just near the junction with Decima St/Bermondsey St) last year to alter a dress with an unusual neckline/straps and they were absolutely lovely and I was really happy with the result - and price. I advise ringing up first if it's out of your way to check when the tailor will be there so that they can see it on you and know exactly what to do.

Also, we use the dry cleaners in The Circle on Queen Elizabeth St very regularly for cleaning and minor alterations/mending and they are really good (and honest, deducting the cost from the cleaning of money we didn't realise had been left in a pocket). They just unpicked some darts in a shirt that the shop tailor had done too tightly and they have done a fab job; no trace of the darts ever being there!

Hope this helps :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: