Scooter Thieves

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 21 May 2015 11.20am
Nasty incident yesterday evening on Maltby St just after 9pm. My friend was attacked by a gang who knocked him off his scooter, laid into him when he was on the ground and stole the scooter. There were around 5 or 6 of them. They disappeared down Tanner St. The police tracked down the scooter and have someone in custody, but if anyone witnessed the incident or saw a gang of youths with a white Vespa in the area, please pm me or contact the police. My friend got away with a few bruises but is still in shock. It could have been much worse.
I know there are plenty of thefts of scooters and bikes in London, but the violence of this was on another level.

Any info. that would lead to this lot being nailed, would be gratefully received.

Thanks everyone.
Thursday 21 May 2015 1.08pm
Sorry to hear and hope your friend will recover well. These incidents seemed to have died down for a while, so let's hope it's a one off, though I doubt it.

Not sure if it's related but on Tuesday about 6 pm two pedal bikes were stolen from Neckinger Estate, the kids were chased round to Spa Road and the bikes recovered, police did catch one or two of them also.
Thursday 21 May 2015 1.24pm
Thanks for that.

My friend is OK but shaken. Psychologically I imagine it will take a while for him to feel safe again though.

From what I can gather, the police caught one of the gang red-handed with the scooter and there may be some good CCTV footage of the incident, so hopefully that will clear this particular group off the streets for a while.
Thursday 21 May 2015 3.20pm
105pear wrote:
Sorry to hear and hope your friend will recover well. These incidents seemed to have died down for a while, so let's hope it's a one off, though I doubt it.
Not sure if it's related but on Tuesday about 6 pm two pedal bikes were stolen from Neckinger Estate, the kids were chased round to Spa Road and the bikes recovered, police did catch one or two of them also.

That's worrying - I keep my bike on Neckinger Estate in the Bikeaway lockers and am often putting it away around that time!
Friday 22 May 2015 11.30am
Oh poor man, thats a new one, scooters being stolen is one thing, but to lay in wait as a gang and steal the bike then lay into him disgusting..glad the bike was recovered and one of the thieves were caught, that means the whole lot will be caught soon with a bit of luck..conspiracy is a serious thing and they obviously conspired... hope your friend can recognise them and get over this nasty attack.
Friday 22 May 2015 2.08pm
I saw someone joyriding a red vespa in the neckinger estate yesterday around 12:30. Called the police, they didn't seem too bothered about it. "How do you know it's not his?" was the dispatchers first response to me. Maybe because he's treating it like ****, ramping it over the bumps, and two guys are watching him going around and around in circles? Call it a hunch...
Friday 22 May 2015 6.50pm
kevinruairi wrote:
I saw someone joyriding a red vespa in the neckinger estate yesterday around 12:30. Called the police, they didn't seem too bothered about it. "How do you know it's not his?" was the dispatchers first response to me. Maybe because he's treating it like ****, ramping it over the bumps, and two guys are watching him going around and around in circles? Call it a hunch...

With all due respect, but I don't it'd be very efficient for the police to come out because someone having a hunch.
Sunday 24 May 2015 5.36pm
Although this thread started with a very nasty attack and theft. The joyriding is very probably being done by the same group or friends thereof.

Joyriding itself is against the law be it on their own scooter or a stolen one so yes the police should still be called.

The Joyriding on the Neckinger Estate gets very bad at times they even ride around the children's play area whilst little ones are playing it's dangerous.

This weekend it's been under 10 yrs old kids on a mini moto bike flying around the estate and out onto the road too.
Sunday 24 May 2015 6.45pm
Joyriding itself is against the law be it on their own scooter or a stolen one so yes the police should still be called. wrote:
What law is being broken if you are riding your own scooter?
Tuesday 26 May 2015 1.53am
If it's your own scooter then I'm sure it should be classed as dangerous driving
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: