Car clubs - pls share experiences

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 23 May 2015 1.58pm
hardly ever used my car - just the occasional supermarket or day trip/weekend away. Now looking into joining a car club. I live off Southwark Park Road. Which to join? Any advice gratefully received
Tuesday 26 May 2015 11.16am
I was an on/off member of Zipcar for a few years, I definitely recommend it. Very easy to use, good availability of cars and helpful customer service. No complaints.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 3.02pm
I use Zipcar occasionally and find it useful as their cars & vans are all over London. You can cancel up to 3-4 hours in advance of your booking with no fee.

However, sometimes they change your reservation with 24 hours notice so you have to keep an eye on your email. For example, I had booked the Zipcar Golf on Bermondsey Street on Sunday 17 May, but received an email on Saturday 16 May saying that this car was unavailable and they had booked me the Golf at Druid Street instead. Good job I checked!
Tuesday 26 May 2015 6.50pm
Definitely recommend Zipcar. Was a member of streetcar prior to the Zipcar takeover and service is great given cost.

I'd just double check which company has the best coverage in your area.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 6.56pm
Okay (at best) for infrequent use. Concept is good but execution is lacking - mainly due to other members not being considerate in getting the car back on time, etc. Customer service substantially deteriorated when Zipcar bought Streetcar. I stopped using it not too long thereafter, after an incident which is described elsewhere on the forum. City Car Club is better but less cars.
Wednesday 27 May 2015 10.08am
Thanks for all these

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: