Number 1 Bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 May 2015 7.08pm
Does anyone know when the number 1 bus route is going to be back to normal? I heard that it would be end of May but now someone mentioned end of June.
Also, there seem to be big gaps between buses at certain times of day at the moment, especially in the evening. Waited 45 minutes at Waterloo one evening last week and ended up taking a 188 in the end and walking the rest of the way.
TFL website doesn't seem to be very helpful, unless I'm not using it properly!

Thanks everyone.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 12.03pm
There is a notice at Tottenham Court Road bus stop indicating route 1 not serving that stop until 19 June, owing to Kingsway works. Camden provide more info than the TfL site:
Tuesday 26 May 2015 4.14pm
Thank you.
TFL could do with putting up a link on its website to that information.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 4.46pm
Sarah V wrote:
Thank you.
TFL could do with putting up a link on its website to that information.

TfL gives the following info:

click on Status alert:

'ELEPHANT & CASTLE, SE1: Buses in the area may experience delays until 1900 Tuesday 20 June due to ongoing roadwork in relation to the Elephant and Castle Northern Roundabout Removal Scheme.

'KINGSWAY, WC2: Bus routes 1, 171, N1, N68 and N171 are running to and from Aldwych and unable to serve Tottenham Court Road in both directions due to building works and road closures at Kingsway, WC2. During the morning and evening peak buses can suffer delays of up to an hour, please allow extra time for your journey.'

But no indication when the Kingsway route will reopen fully.
Tuesday 26 May 2015 6.46pm
Thanks John C.
Yes, I think that information about those bus routes not running between Aldwych and Tottenham Ct Rd has been up there for quite some time now, but they've never given any indication about when it would be likely to reopen, as you rightly point out.
I'd still like to know why there have been such long delays between buses recently though. I don't think it's anything to do with the roadworks at Elephant or Kingsway as it's been happening at times of day/evening when the traffic has been light.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: