Unruly kids Citywalk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 June 2015 6.28pm
There is a group of up to 12 to 15 young kids hanging around Citywalk daily, they are playing on the estate from morning to late at night with no parental supervision. Anyone living there will know that voices really carry and it's now got to the stage that I need to keep all windows and balcony door closed. They appear to be from Athena Court which is social housing.

Today I witnessed them kicking in the wooden gate to the bin store around the side of Antonine Heights, writing on the walls, ripping plants out of the flower beds and have now managed to loosen one of the upright pillar lamps outside the main door to Antonine Heights. Cops wouldn't come even though they are causing criminal damage as too busy! , Southwark council noise complaint division aren't interested. No sign of any parents and when I tell them to go home, it's not a playground it goes in one ear and they just ignore me.
Monday 15 June 2015 5.04am
Use the search for a solution. Southern Housing group c contact details.
Monday 15 June 2015 7.34am
i walked through there twice yesterday and there was a group of kids playing on scooters and running around in what appeared to be the "normal" way children aged 7-10 would. I can understand that due to the size and the height of the building noise will be amplified and may disturb but i am unsure the facr they live in the "social housing" part of City Walk really has anything to do with it-are social housing children more unruly and noisy than the off spring of more affluent neighbours??
Monday 15 June 2015 12.33pm
Travs79 wrote:
There is a group of up to 12 to 15 young kids hanging around Citywalk daily, they are playing on the estate from morning to late at night with no parental supervision. Anyone living there will know that voices really carry and it's now got to the stage that I need to keep all windows and balcony door closed. They appear to be from Athena Court which is social housing.
Today I witnessed them kicking in the wooden gate to the bin store around the side of Antonine Heights, writing on the walls, ripping plants out of the flower beds and have now managed to loosen one of the upright pillar lamps outside the main door to Antonine Heights. Cops wouldn't come even though they are causing criminal damage as too busy! , Southwark council noise complaint division aren't interested. No sign of any parents and when I tell them to go home, it's not a playground it goes in one ear and they just ignore me.

Can't you point them in the direction of what is their playground? Do they have one?
Monday 15 June 2015 7.06pm
kevinruairi wrote:
Use the search for a solution. Southern Housing group c contact details.
thanks, will do
Wednesday 17 June 2015 8.01am
Southern Housing has already been contacted and, along with the managing agents, are taking positive steps.

No, there is no playground. Clearly, the inevitable Family is not considered by either the Developer of others associated with such developments, such as Housing Associations.

Sadly, this is an increasing problem, everywhere. Many parents seem unable or unwilling to take their children to parks and other open spaces and simply throw them, outside.
Wednesday 17 June 2015 8.14am
How about putting notice up telling them about Bosco Centre in Jamaica road? They have football classes for children and many other things, dance for children. May stop them being bored not too far for them to be taken, right opposite Southwark park. Will post phone number later if anyone is interested.
Wednesday 17 June 2015 8.19am
Jan wrote:
Bosco Centre in Jamaica road

The Bosco Centre, run by Sister Cecily, is amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone. They have youth clubs for both younger and older children and ran a whole raft of activities.
Thursday 18 June 2015 11.33am
I lived on Adams Gardens, in Rotherhithe, for 16 years and my work also brought me into contact with the wonderful Sister Cecily and the Bosco Centre.

Sadly, it was my experience then that the majority of parents in my immediate location couldn't be bothered to take their children anywhere!

I haven't seen any parents actually playing with or supervising the children in City Walk - which is possibly why plants and bushes are being damaged.
Friday 19 June 2015 8.21am
I haven't seen any parents actually playing with or supervising the children in City Walk - which is possibly why plants and bushes are being damaged.[/quote]

when I was primary school age we played on a green behind our houses we were not watched organised or supervised by our parents and my mum used to whistle from the window when she wanted us - did not make our parents bad parents nor us unruly kids. most estates/housing complexes you walk past will have kids playing on the walkways and outside areas so not sure City Walk is any different. Do you not have a tenants group that could circulate a note to all residents or a managing agent who could send a note to all tenants to make them aware there is an issue

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: