Call for participants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 28 June 2015 12.05pm
I'm a local artist working on a project with Extzt (Southwark Lido, The Lake, The ReUnion) to create a temporary installation around the pedestrian crossing adjacent to the Menier Gallery on Southwark St. I'm making a large linoprint which will become part of the installation and I'm looking for people to contribute ideas to the project.

Can you suggest an object, place or person from the Bankside / Borough area which means something to you? It could be personal or public, contemporary or historic. It could be a fragment of a memory or something you see every day. If you can think of anything and are happy to share it (you can remain anonymous) I would love to consider including it in my piece.

There will be a tea party in late July to thank participants. Suggestions can be posted on this thread or emailed to

Thank you

Ruby Wright
Monday 29 June 2015 10.17pm
Hi, Ruby - a great idea. I'd love to see Dickens and Shakespeare represented and, given the close proximity of the Menier Chocolate Factory, some of the music from their terrific shows.

Good luck with the project :-)

Philip x
Tuesday 30 June 2015 10.28am
Thanks for those great suggestions, Philip!
Tuesday 30 June 2015 11.39am
*** UPDATE ***

I've had a fantastic response for this alphabet, there are just a few letters remaining. If you can think of Bankside icons beginning with F, H, K, O, Q, T, V, X, Y or Z I would love to hear them!

Thank you again,

Tuesday 30 June 2015 5.42pm
"T" for Thames?
Wednesday 1 July 2015 8.43am
F for the terrible floods on bankside? Thirties I think.
Wednesday 1 July 2015 9.58am
Can I be a bankside icon?
Wednesday 1 July 2015 10.29am
Thank you for all these great suggestions! I like the idea of you being an icon, Zoe, but I've gone with Zoar Street, which was once slum housing, then obliterated by bombing during the Blitz. I am now only looking for Q and Y. I will post a link to the final alphabet when I have finished it. Any Q or Y suggestions very happily considered!

Thanks again

Wednesday 1 July 2015 10.40am
Hopetown place,just off Zoar street. Mum was born born there 1918.
Wednesday 1 July 2015 10.42am
Thank you! I'll investigate...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: