Sirens!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 30 June 2015 11.04am
Keep hearing an unusually high level of police sirens coming from Blackfriars Road. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 12.42pm
Tell me about it. I work on Blackfriars road , sirens, roadworks, traffic and now the heat .
Arrrrrrrgh
Why didn't I book a years A/L
Tuesday 30 June 2015 1.20pm
And now the London Taxis stage yet another protest at Palestra. If I hear any more of those horns honking I will register with Uber.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 1.58pm
nelson_ wrote:
And now the London Taxis stage yet another protest at Palestra. If I hear any more of those horns honking I will register with Uber.

I have a lot of sympathy for the taxi drivers. Their livelihoods are under serious threat from Uber.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 2.26pm
All I was saying was that them making hours of really annoying noise outside peoples' homes might become counterproductive. I doubt the intended targets in the TfL offices can even hear them or give two hoots.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 2.41pm
Thanks for the comments. I now know it's probably something to do with the taxi drivers protest. Whilst I sympathise I have to agree that the sounding of horns is annoying. Oh well, at least the Music Box developers have been quieter today.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 4.09pm
nelson_ wrote:
All I was saying was that them making hours of really annoying noise outside peoples' homes might become counterproductive. I doubt the intended targets in the TfL offices can even hear them or give two hoots.

You're probably right, sadly. Oh well. My only personal contribution is to keep on using Black Cabs rather than Uber.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 4.32pm
It is flabbergasting news to hear from Len Martin - the chair of United Cabbies Group - that "many" black cab drivers are earning less than the minimum wage.
I much prefer to use black cabs rather than mini-cabs because I always feel safer with somebody who has done the knowledge, has a roadworthy cab and does not have a criminal record but I do not want to take advantage of the drivers by paying them such measly wages.
I really would like to see audited figures from a poor cab driver to prove that Mr. Martin's statement is not pure hyperbole.
Tuesday 30 June 2015 4.34pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
nelson_ wrote:

I have a lot of sympathy for the taxi drivers. Their livelihoods are under serious threat from Uber.

love Uber!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: