Broadband Speeds

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 3 July 2015 9.50pm
Here on the Draper Estate, in the bottom right hand corner of SE1, we're getting slow speeds.
I thought it was just me and EE, but it seems to be all homes here in Draper House.
Any brief explanations, or suggestions for ways to get a decent speed?
Zoe
Saturday 4 July 2015 7.25am
I have Virgin at 50meg, it works fine and I have no problems. I would be surprised if they didn't cover you, if they do us up here. You can also get rid of your landline (I haven't though as I have a sentimental attachment!).
Saturday 4 July 2015 12.31pm
Zoe wrote:
You can also get rid of your landline

Be careful to compare the costs of this. Virgin (and I'm sure other telcom providers) consider the landline to be revenue generating and therefore penalise you for not having one.

I asked to remove mine at renewal and it increased the cost of the my broadband by more than the previous price of the landline. Looking at some of the new Virgin packages it's cheaper to take the landline in most cases.
Zoe
Saturday 4 July 2015 1.28pm
Yes, good advice, always read the small print.
Sunday 5 July 2015 11.07am
if you are to receive broadband via your landline it frankly does not matter who you use - you will get the same speed whatever you do as it relies on the physical distance from the exchange in tabard street. bt infinity may be slightly faster but the cost!

virgin cable may be the option if your area is/has been cabled and connected.

dongles and nowbox or relish needing no landline may be an answer but i'm told speeds and availabilty are patchy ...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: