"Proptar" event in Spa Gardens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 5 July 2015 5.08pm
So what is the story with this, loud sound system in Bermondsey Spa Gardens, all afternoon, with a barbeque? Definitely no notice of this anywhere in advance, I don't recognise anyone from the local community, there's no presence of anyone from the council, no security, no cops, older teenagers doing nitrous oxide balloons, etc.
Sunday 5 July 2015 6.36pm
Attempts have been made to shoot me down in flames for asking the obvious question (in other threads, by others, not you) namely, did you ask anyone? Being a bit nosey I would have 'enquired', but that's just me and not something everyone would like to do. What's 'Proptar'?
Sunday 5 July 2015 7.12pm
You want to enquire? Go ahead, I'm not in the habit of challenging twenty people crowded around a sound system about why they're there and when they're going to get out of here.
Sunday 5 July 2015 7.23pm
As Janefs asks, what is Proptar?

Kevinruairi wrote:
I don't recognise anyone from the local community, there's no presence of anyone from the council, no security, no cops...

Just because there's no one you recognise doesn't mean to say that it isn't locals enjoying the weather. Aside from the BBQ, which is hardly crime of the century, I don't see what harm they're doing. Could be something to do with the adventure playground?

Kevinruairi wrote:
older teenagers doing nitrous oxide balloons, etc.

Perhaps I'm being na´ve, but doing what with nitrous oxide?
Sunday 5 July 2015 7.38pm
Have you been down there mate? It is nothing to do with the adventure playground.

What do you think they're doing with the nos balloons? Surely you must know, or else your head must be buried firmly in the sand.

A quick Google will tell you about Proptar, based in north London. The amount of cars arriving in and out of the surrounding streets is a good indicator that the majority of the crowd are not from the immediate locale.
Sunday 5 July 2015 7.58pm
I haven't been down there since driving past the park this morning when all looked calm.

Oh, I see, they're doing laughing gas! It wasn't clear - I had thought they were just perhaps blowing up helium balloons for the kids.

I've had a quick Google search for Proptar, but the only real thing that comes up is this thread and something about talent management. I don't get this Proptar thingy.

Is it still going on now?
Zoe
Sunday 5 July 2015 9.57pm
I too thought they were blowing up balloons. I think we might be naive Gavin!
Monday 6 July 2015 7.12am
kevinruairi wrote:
You want to enquire? Go ahead, I'm not in the habit of challenging twenty people crowded around a sound system about why they're there and when they're going to get out of here.

Your original post queried why there was no police or security presence, which seemed to suggest a much larger scale gathering than 'twenty people'.
Monday 6 July 2015 7.37am
There were twenty people at the sound system marquee. There was about a hundred people there altogether, maybe 150.
Monday 6 July 2015 7.45am
I still don't understand what "proptar" is meant to be, even after googling...

This does not sound like a laughing gas party either: https://proptar.wordpress.com/
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: