Passport to Pimlico

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 May 2002 9.34am
I've just heard that this classic was filmed on Hercules Road. Does anyone know more?
Wednesday 8 May 2002 6.16pm
A quick Google search reveals this

<a href="http://www.britmovie.co.uk/studios/ealing/filmography/52.html">"Much of the film was shot on an outdoor set built on a cleared bomb site off the Lambeth Road"</a>
Thursday 9 May 2002 9.48am
wow!!
Thursday 9 May 2002 1.07pm
Didn't know you needed a passport to get into pimlico. Its a good idea though. It will keep out the riff raff.
Friday 17 May 2002 8.05pm
I thought it was filmed on the China Walk Estate, off Lambeth Rd and sort of opposite Hercules Road.

They film lots of Bill and Londons Burning round there too. Usually seems to be the episodes involving riots or crack houses.
Tuesday 21 May 2002 10.12am
They film lots of Bill and Londons Burning round there too. Usually seems to be the episodes involving riots or crack houses.

I live on the China Walk Estate and can assure you we have very few crack houses and our riots are just youthful high jinx.
Sunday 26 May 2002 5.08am
No offence meant, specially as you are a neighbour.

It was mainly before Lambeth Walk was pulled down and there were some heavy episodes using the empty buildings, one involving the stabbing of PC Quinnan. I found it incongrous walking along somewhere which is actually very safe on my way to pick my kids up from school, and trying to relate it to the urban landscape as portrayed on TV.

I think I prefer the Passport to Pimlico view.
Thursday 30 May 2002 7.30am
No offence taken Sarah. My tongue was firmly in cheek.
I prefer the Passport to Pimlico view as well.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: