Nelson Square din!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 July 2015 11.28am
Just wondering what the racket in Nelson Square this morning is all about? Sounds like some amateur DJs having a practice. Bang goes my afternoon of watching Andy and Roger battle it out at Wimbledon!
Friday 10 July 2015 11.57am
It's this
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/17135/bouncing-cats-and-boom-boom-pups

Theatre production funded by the council and local property developers.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 July 2015 12.16pm
Thank you; as a resident of the Square it would have been nice to have been informed of this by the Council beforehand!
Friday 10 July 2015 12.21pm
Informed beforehand - that would be far too reasonable / sensible / considerate, but then if local property developers and Southwark Council are involved, what can we poor, long-suffering locals expect?!
Friday 10 July 2015 4.58pm
I feel sorry for you already.
It never fails to amaze me that such events are organised in totally residential areas when it is known beforehand that the event will be noisy not for just one day but for the weekend
Friday 10 July 2015 5.20pm
Well after listening to the noise for hours I finally contacted Southwark Council to ask when it should be finishing. Surprisingly they don't seem to know anything about it! All they could do was advise me to contact noise abatement and wait three working days fir a response.
Friday 10 July 2015 9.17pm
It really beggars belief. Read about in Southwark Life. You really would assume we would be asked. But the council has been taking advantage of not having had a functioning residents' association for a while (there is one again) and claiming ownership of "our" square. Apparently it does not belong to us, but the wider community - that became clear in the planning sub-committee meeting where the "improvement" works were approved, despite so many open questions they put NINE conditions on the permission.

500.000 S106 money will be wasted by the council to do works that nobody wants. And probably they want to keep using it for noisy events after that too.
Sunday 12 July 2015 11.49am
"Everybody scream!" Dunk dunk dunk. And amplified rapping, just what you want to hear at 11 on a Sunday morning.

Oh well, hope the kids are enjoying it.
Sunday 12 July 2015 12.27pm
Exactly! I'm so glad today is the last day of this nonsense. Ironically I don't think the kids are enjoying it as I spoke to some who live in my flats. They said it was rubbish and boring! It should have been held in a proper park like Burgess or Southwark, not in a square in the middle of a housing development.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: