Burrell Street din

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 July 2015 12.48pm
We have just received a letter from NetworkRail, addressed fondly to "Railway Neighbour" informing us that "Night Works will commence from Monday 20th July 21.00 hours to 05.00 hours inclusive of weekends"
This is for essential improvement works to the viaduct, vegetation removal and brick work repair.
I feel for those residents living on the north facing side of the building, though I guess most of us in the area will be driven mad by this.
The 24 hour helpline number is 08457 11 41 41
Friday 17 July 2015 10.32am
Considering a 12 man crew has been on site by 7am every day for the past two weeks, drilling, hammering, playing music, dragging scaffolding up and down the cobblestone path etc, why has this only been sent round now? Also, why is it necessary to work nights and why is there no end date mentioned? What with this and the 5am deliveries / refuse collections and 11pm deliveries / collections from 230 & 240 Blackfriars Road, on weekdays and weekends, the lives of QH residents are being made a misery.

Surely noise from local business activities must be covered by some sort of guidelines on out of hours noise from their premises? 8am to 6pm is long enough for local residents to endure the noise.
Wednesday 22 July 2015 8.07pm
Just as I expected. Residents report...

"Last night was a nightmare. Network Rail were working using an angle grinder until 11.45pm
Then they set off the fire alarm which went on all night
Some residents went around to complain this morning"

Help!!! This will drive QH residents mad. Anyone any ideas?
Surely there must be some guidelines on this kind of noise nuisance.
Wednesday 22 July 2015 8.26pm
Apparently it was the fire alarm and not the security alarm, no fire brigade attended scary or what
Thursday 23 July 2015 9.23am
Basically Network Rail can do what they like when they like. They've had a 12 man crew working on the brick walls on their access road, seven days a week, for the past three weeks (apart from last Sunday - bliss!). They've been doing exactly the same work that they're doing now, so I'm puzzled that night work is considered necessary, bearing in mind the access slope is only used by them - no pedestrians, no businesses, no through traffic.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: